Expand my Community achievements bar.

Self populating linked text fields

Level 1

Hi,

quick question, one I'm sure there is a simple solution too, but it's been escaping me for hours!

there's a simple trick you can do when creating a form directly in Acrobat X that I would like to duplicated in LiveCycle ES2

in acrobat if you create a field, get it fully setup, then copy/paste it to create a second field... as long as you dont change the names so they show up as:

textfield1#0

textfield1#1

what you type into one will automatically appear in the other.

is it possible to duplicate this trick in LiveCycle?

I am creating a customer information form, that needs to have the customer ID number on each page (6 pages). I would like to be able to type it in on page 1 and have it appear automatically on the other pages.

I know it can sort of be done with actions, but I know I'm going to end up doing this with a large number of fields, and I was hoping for a much easier approach than laborously creating seperate actions for each field set.

thanks!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

It similar in livecycle. you copy and paste the fields to be duplicated. Now in the Object palette, there is 'binding' (please refer to the screenshot attached). By Default, it is 'Use Name <field name>'. Click on 'Use Glopbal Data' and the copied text field will have same value as the original field.

I hope this helps.

binding.png