8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 10:58 PM by Rezu

stage error

Rezu

Howdy,

I've opened an Edge composition that was working fine in Edge version 4&5, but after opening and rendering with v6, I'm getting a stage error in both IE9 and FF.

In addition to the error, the animation functionality has stopped working...the animation is supposed to stop after a short intro and then let the user click on buttons to activate other animations.
      Instead, all of the animations play from start to finish without stopping...and then when it finally does stop, it's not possible to click on any of the buttons.

Debugging suggests the culprit is here, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

stageError.PNG

stageError2.PNG

1. Can anyone explain how to fix the .js script?

2. Can any explain what I should have done in the Edge file so this stage error does not occur?

Thanks,

kave

• 1. Re: stage error
          TimJaramillo Level 4

Hi kave,

I don't think your issue is on line 808. In my "xxx_edgeActions.js" file, the line is exactly the same. Maybe the problem is with some code on one of the stage events?

If you can't track the issue down, I'd recommend just copying all your content and code from your current file, to a new Edge file. I had similar woes with older Edge builds, and it only took me an hour to copy the old content over to a new project- and it was a pretty complicated project.

Good luck!

Tim

• 2. Re: stage error
            resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

make sure if you have use stage that it has a capital letter. I had one animation that went south because I used "stage" (lower case s) instead of Stage (upper case S) and though the earlier versions of Edge did not mind it, Preview  7 and release version 1 refused to work. As soon as I changed it, the animation worked.

• 3. Re: stage error
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

A lot of my older Edge (I think pre-preview 6) files suffer the same symptom (small case 'stage') and I have to be mindful of it/correct it to prevent similar hiccups.

Darrell

• 4. Re: stage error

It actually drove me nuts for a while and I finally sent my file to Sarah who passed it along to her dev people and finally someone spoted the problem - it might even have been Sarah herself in the end. Anyway, correcting stage to Stage did the trick and it was like hearing angel singing - you know, like in the movies! Ha!

• 5. Re: stage error
                  heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

So does changing the case work fine in the Full Code window? I have actually gone through the speal of copy/paste from old file to new file. But if a mere change in the Code window is all that is needed, great. Let us know if that is all it takes.

Darrell

• 6. Re: stage error

I'd say just in the code window!

• 7. Re: stage error

more precisely it was in Composition ready.

• 8. Re: stage error
                        Rezu Level 1

Howdy,

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

I went to Window > Code > Stage and tried changing 'stage' from small s to large S, but when I did that, it took away other elements' scripts.

I noticed that I had one line of //comment code that was run together with real code, so when I separated them it moved my code error to a different line...error.PNG

I never could find a problem in the Code.

In the end, I opened the .html file in Edge of a previously zipped/archived version, and it works now.