3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 9:42 PM by Rick Gerard

Time Stretch with a Pre-Comp

millerjs68 Level 1

I have a pre-comp and I need to do some time manipulation with the comp at different times. I opened a new comp and put the pre-comp on it and did a time stretch at 120%. The problem I have is that I need it to slow down more at the end. The speed is fine for the first 80% but I need to slow it down further at the end.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Time Stretch with a Pre-Comp
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Instead of Time Stretch, you can use Time Remapping.  A normal linear keyframe will take the speed down to 0, and you can ramp it down with Graph Editor.

But I have to warn you: AE can't work miracles changing the speed of a given frame rate.  I hope it works out okay for you.

• 2. Re: Time Stretch with a Pre-Comp
            millerjs68 Level 1

The pre-comp is 100% graphics with movement.

So I would reset the time stretch back to normal and do everything with the Time Remapping, correct?

• 3. Re: Time Stretch with a Pre-Comp
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's right. Get rid of time stretch. Time Remapping will set a keyframe at the beginning and end of the pre-comp. Now set another keyframe where you want to end the speed up. Select the second and the last keyframe and drag them both to the left until you've stretched the length of the first segment to where it needs to be. Now just move the last keyframe closer to the second keyframe to adjust the timing of that section. Verify your speeds with the Graph editor and fine tune the keyframes and add any easing you need to.