4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2008 5:19 AM by TzKennedy

Help please - VizionDB search problem

TzKennedy
      Hi all,

I'm desperately trying to finish a 2 year project - my
      deadline was this weekend! All is working well on my own
      machine, but when I export the project and run it from
      another machine and try searching the PDF database (created using INMs VizionDB), the error '-20001 GetRecords could
      not be completed'. I am assuming this is something to
      do with the database file not being relative to the
      movie? I have changed the fileName of the DB in Member
      properties to be simply 'Database.vzd', which works on
      my computer, but again it doesn't work when exported.
      Can anyone help urgently please?!

Many thanks in advance,

TzK.
        • 1. Re: Help please - VizionDB search problem
          Level 7
          I have used the VizionDB indexer before and I included the .vxd and .vzx
          files in the same folder as the exe that was using them. Additionally,
          there is a "Runtime-vzd" folder that needs to go in your xtras folder,
          and there are a bunch of .dll files that need to be in the same folder
          as the projector. See the docs for more details, I forgot all the names
          right now. But once I had everything where it needed to be, I
          successfully published the program and it runs off CD-ROMs on PC and Mac.
          • 2. Re: Help please - VizionDB search problem
            TzKennedy Level 1
            Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I have already carefully checked the requirements and all DLLs etc are where they should be. The projector runs fine when it's on my machine, it's only when I export the whole thing to another machine that I get problems, which is what makes me think it's something to do with the file path not being relative to the movie (although it seems to be)...

But it's good to know you managed to get a similar project working cross-platform.

TzK.
            • 3. Re: Help please - VizionDB search problem
              Level 7
              When you doubleclick the database member in your cast, what is the
              filename? If it has a path built in, then it is expecting that exact
              path. In my case, since the vzd file is in the same folder as my
              projector, the file name shows up without any path info... just the
              actual filename "database.vzd"
              • 4. Re: Help please - VizionDB search problem
                TzKennedy Level 1
                Yes, mine is directly next to the projector too, so the Database member filename is simply 'Database.vzd'. As I say, all works well when running from the original position (my internal hard drive), but not when I copy across to an external drive, even when running this from my own PC...