• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't login to Acrobat.com from Captivate 6 to report quiz results.

Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can login directly to Acrobat.com. The message says "Acrobat.com Login Error."  So no extra info to go on. Anyone else run into this? Pretty shocking this doesn't work as advertised. 

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Captivate Quizzing/LMS forum.  It will likely be more efficient though if you contact our support team to resolve your login difficulties.

Message was edited by: David Kastendick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems and so is a client. We're going around in circles and can't get hold of anyone at Adobe. Yes, unbelievable that it doesn't work. Have you had any result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe websites seem to use some kind of common login authorisation system.  Some time ago it was damaged and caused issues with logins, so it was rebuilt, but some data was lost in the process.

You need to go to the Adobe login page and use the options there to have your Adob ID password reset.  Once that is done, you will be able to log in again successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, Unfortunately this does not work, even though I was assured by Adobe tech assistance after I went through the whole process that it would.

Made a second call and spent nearly three hours with Adobe tech assistance yesterday, with them accessing my computer and they still have not been able to solve the problem, which is occurring on at least four  other installations in different locations and companies that I know of. They checked all settings and could not even sign in or post results using their own Adobe IDs.

They are investigating to try and find the problem as it seems to be more serious than just resetting passwords. Sigh. Will let you all know when, hopefully, we get a solution.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting the same results (or lack of results) with version 5.5 and adobe.com. Didn't they moved the login location on acrobat.com? Maybe they didn't update captivate to go to the right login location?  Who knows but this and the email not working is frustrating. Not everyone has a big LMS. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried with Captivate 5 as well and it doesn't work. Meanwhile, total silence from Adobe "support". Ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well with Captivate 6. Very frustrated with the lack of support from Adobe!!!

If anyone is considering purchasing this, take your time and research other options first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but strangely I had a working solution in mid May. Now the same quiz (minor formating changes) does not work anymore. No way to post the results to Acrobat.com. Error message is "Acrobat.com Login Error."

My logins all work when I'm logging into Acrobat.com. If I use a wrong login in the quiz to post results it recognizes the wrong login credentials and gives another error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 7, Adobe support and Acrobat still suck. I posted a question in the Acrobat.com forum for the same login error message. Let us see how long it takes that group to respond.

hold your breath

SisMoon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me a few weeks ago, but it no longer works. I have reset my password multiple times.  When I enter my configure acrobat.com settings I get the message: Unable to create folder. Verify your network connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Please follow the below steps to fix acrobat.com reporting :

Steps to apply the patch :

1. Close Adobe Captivate
  2. Click on the following link to download the patch on your desktop: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=a62kxXcme8dcPvi3*cKIMA
  3. Unzip the downloaded file.
  4. Now open “Captivate  installation location\ SWF_Components\AlternateReporting”
  5. Replace “AlternateReporting.swf” from the .swf you downloaded on Desktop (Step 3)
  6. Launch Adobe Captivate  and configure Acrobat.com on “Edit -> Preferences” window

Note : Make sure you republish all your projects

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the fix into my directory. I can now login from the Publish settings and I do get a reporting area created in the Results Anaylzer. But now when I take the survey and post results I get an error. I click Post Results, I login and it connects, and then I click Send.

I immediately get Unknown Error.

unknown error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Captivate 7 and Quiz Results Analyzer Version 7.

I applied the patch and was able to get past the "Unable to create folder" issue in Captivate, and the new course is added to Quiz Results Analyzer.

Like gogetconnie2, however, I am also getting an "Unknown Error" when I try to post the results.

Is there an explanation or fix for this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone get any resolution on this?

I have captivate 5.5 and i can login to acrobat.com but in my preferences in my quiz i get an error every time i try to configure the connection.

I've worked hard on the quiz but can't upload it at all 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources