12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2012 4:16 AM by Levan77

Warp mode

Levan77

I am using photoshop for some time now and wanted to chack affter effects out,

so i want to know folowing

in photoshop when you press control+T you get free transform and warp mode so i want to know is there a way to start warp mode in after effects or something similar

why i want this, I want to add a video layer on cars glass window and want to warp it to my preferances,

thank you in advanced, and sorry for my english

• 1. Re: Warp mode
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Here are the many Distort effects that you can apply in After Effects:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103a9d3c597-7b8b a.html

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Warp mode
            Levan77 Level 1

Thank you for the reply but if you do not mind can you pleas provide some additional information

http://i.imgur.com/u5HGn.jpg

as you see on the image

car cockpit and the windows are covered with red color, what I wanted to do is give shape to the video to only cover the red marks, give shape nad then delete it

so if you have some spare time, can you point out the filters i should be using to give shape to this video to somehow wrap around the car windows

thank you for your time

thank you i found what i was looking for

Mesh Warp effect

but one question remains is there a way to delete part of video like you do in ps use eraser tool and see the background as well to know what are you deleting

• 3. Re: Warp mode
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

search the help files for masking. That would be the easiest for your sample shot.

• 4. Re: Warp mode
                Levan77 Level 1

Thank you i will look into it

• 5. Re: Warp mode
                  Dave LaRonde Level 6

car cockpit and the windows are covered with red color, what I wanted to do is give shape to the video to only cover the red marks, give shape nad then delete it

It will be helpful to know what you are trying to accomplish.  Rather than describe the process you think you should be using, can you please describe what the viewer will see when the effect is complete? 

We may be able to suggest better methods to reach your goal.

• 6. Re: Warp mode
                    Levan77 Level 1

I have footage of night driving but that footage is a bit dull and boring so i want to add effects like  car passing lights and other effects (created in photoshop and other editors) on the windscreen and side window, problem is i already outputted effects as a video file and now i can only work with Video and video aspect ratio is 16:9 so i need to warp it to somehow fit on the windscreen and side window, i do not want it to just be an overlayer

than you for the reply

• 7. Re: Warp mode
                      Dave LaRonde Level 6

If you alreay have the night driving background created, you can mask around the windows and scale the background to fit the image.

• 8. Re: Warp mode
                        Levan77 Level 1

So this is what i wanted to do and pleas forgive me it will be very raf selections.

Untitled.png

as you can see there is a selection made by pan tool on the top layer, so what i want to do is delete that selections, and make that selection transparent so when lights pass they disappear at that place and then reappear on the side window

• 9. Re: Warp mode

You just have to mask your shot of the car interior and put the night lights below it in the timeline. Careful selections plus a little mask feather will do the job.

• 10. Re: Warp mode
                            Levan77 Level 1

Can you elebralite

This is what i wanted to archive as you can see the lights show only in windows and cockpit does not get effected

how i archived this i just used eraser tool and deleted top layers (lights)

but there should be more productive way to do this task, and not use eraser tool

GIF image to show animation

b.gif

• 11. Re: Warp mode

You already drew a mask in your sample screenshot. Just carefully draw the mask around the windows of the car on the car layer. There will now be transparency. Put the night shot behind. That's all there is to it. If the windows remain and the car disappears invert the mask or set it to subtract. EZ as pie.

1 person found this helpful
                              • 12. Re: Warp mode
                                Levan77 Level 1

thank you