• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do I look to find out if this is a merged project?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 10

I've inherited a project and TCS support is asking me whether it is a merged project.

There is a TOC placeholder for another TOC within the main TOC -- is that what "merged project" means?

Or does it mean that a project is linking to another (external) project?  Where do I look for this information?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If the symbol you see is the one below, it indicates a merge.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

I don't have one of those guys in the TOC, but I do have the TOC placeholder thingie. And yet TCS suport is telling me it is a "merged project" after I uploaded some files for them to look at.

Odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd indeed

Admittedly I'm still to this day a bit unclear of exactlhy how and why one would need to use the TOC Placeholder object, but I believe TCS Support is incorrect in saying that because a placeholder is present that it means a Merged Project is present.

But hey, what do I know. I'm not TCS support. Maybe it's a way of merging that I'm unaware of!

One thing to note is that when you hover each of the icons in the TOC pod, only the icon I pointed out provides a popup mentioning "merge".

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. Historically it served a purpose. Two authors built the original TOCs and content and there was a clear subject matter separation between the two content areas. Creating two TOCs helped eliminate the version control conflicts that were occuring as the two writers built the original content. (You might know of a better way to do this.)

At this point, I see no obstacle to merging the two TOCs into one in the source (other than all the other things that need doing first!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use the TOC placeholder object for merged XML outputs.

We used the merged project indication in your image for merged CHM outputs.

Regards,

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp