2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2012 5:54 PM by davidweisenbarger

How do I change the CS6 Camera Raw to the CS5 mode?

davidweisenbarger Level 1

Hello! I prefer to edit my RAW photos with the CS5 Camera raw interface, ie Fill Light instead of Highlights/Whites, ect... I see that when I open or apply an older CS5 preset to a raw in CS6, the interface switches back to the CS5 interface, which is great, and shows its possible. So how do I open new raw files in CS6 using the CS5 interface as default?

• 1. Re: How do I change the CS6 Camera Raw to the CS5 mode?
          Noel Carboni Level 7

Well...

• First, you probably don't want to do that.

• Secondly, you don't want to do that.

• But if you still want to do that, go over to the Camera Calibration tab and choose a different Process.

• Then you can Save New Camera Raw Defaults

• But you really don't really want to do that.

I suggest you think twice about changing your default to an older Process Version, because there are a lot of things the old process did poorly that the new one does much better. 

I assume you want the old process because you like the way the controls work better, but it's well worth taking the time to get used to the new controls.  It really is.

-Noel

PVSelection.png

• 2. Re: How do I change the CS6 Camera Raw to the CS5 mode?
            davidweisenbarger Level 1

cool, thanks man! I've got a couple thousand new pics to process so ill for sure be getting used to the new process. I will use both processes and just wanted the option to choose if I like the results of the old one better. I've got quite a few studio process presets for different looks and they certainly change the results when I convert them over to the new process, and not always resulting in what it originally was supposed to do. thanks again.