3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 12:33 AM by Zaxxshoxx

500kbps FLV Video

Zaxxshoxx

Hi everyone,

Currently i'm producing videos for this online TV www.cyberview.com.my/cyberjayatv. Feedback from the our service provider, to get a smooth streaming videos it should not exceed 500kbps when exporting to FLV/MP4.

So my question is how can i maintain the quality of the video since 500kbps video that i export out looked pixeleted? is there any other tips to at least get a quality video? currently shooting using DV Tape.

• 1. Re: 500kbps FLV Video
          Jim_Simon Level 8

That's a pretty low bitrate.  It's not going to look great no matter what you do.  Ideally you want to at least double that for SD video.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 500kbps FLV Video
            Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Jim is correct. Now, depending on the video content, you might be able to export at 15 frames per second (like with training videos). That would provide a higher quality at the same bitrate - but only if the nature of the video allows for it. You certainly can't do that if there is a lot of motion.

Now, I have to ask. What kind of service provider can't do better than that? YouTube suggests 8Mb/s for HD, and Vimeo suggests 5Mb/s for HD. Both play very smooth on my PC, how about yours?

If you are going to have a very small frame size, like 320X240, you might be fine with 500Kb/s.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: 500kbps FLV Video
              Zaxxshoxx Level 1

Screen shot 2012-11-14 at 3.23.35 PM.pngScreen shot 2012-11-14 at 3.23.25 PM.png

i found the solution tried play aroudn with settings