Please note that the Adobe PDF Printer functionality to create PDF files is only available with Adobe Acrobat (paid version), and not with Adobe Reader (free version).
Repair the Acrobat installation using the option in the Help menu.
Uninstall and then re-install Acrobat on your Windows OS.
Manually install the PDF Printer
- Click Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers
- Select Add a printer
- Select Add a local printer
- Check Use an existing port and select Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop down. Click Next
- Click the Have Disk… button
- Click the Browse… button
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF
- Select AdobePDF.inf from the list, then click the OK button
- You will see many Adobe PDF Converters in the list, however count six down from the top and click Next (you may need to try this numerous times to find the correct Converter from the list that works with your version of Windows)
- Name your printer, e.g. Adobe PDF
- Follow the rest of the prompts and your PDF printer should now be installed correctly
If you are later prompted for the ADPDF9.PPD file, it can be found in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF\<OS version> folders.
Hi Rave ~~
I also am having problems with my PDF Printer. It worked fine for years, then a few months ago it disappeared from the printer list and now I can't print to PDF. I tried your Solution 3, Mannually Install PDF Printer, as described above but my file structure for Acrobat 6.0 doesn't look like what you described for Acrobat 10.0.
In Step 4, after checking 'Use an existing port', there is no 'Documents\*.pdf' to select from the drop down.
In Step 7, there is no path on my c drive called C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\Xtras
I searched my entire harddrive and backup drive for a file named, AdobePDF.inf. There isn't one on there.
Can you send me the installation procedure that will work with Acrobat 6.0? I would be so grateful. I am unable to use Solution 1 or 2 as my source disk is packed in one of a garage full of boxes.
I am using a Dell XPS running Windows XP SP3. I usually use FireFox 17.0.1 browser, but occasionally use IE 8.0.6001.
All updates are current.
I have tried to install as a printer and these are not options that I have. I am using Adobe Reader XI, Windows 7, Firefox
When I follow this step: Use an existing port and select Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop down. Click Next
this is not an option that I have.
If I manually try to: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF
This is not an option that I have either.
What I am trying to do is save a gmail as a PDF. From all my searches online it looks like I can do it if I can install PDF as a printer but I don't see a way to do this. Is there a way?
Using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit trying to save as pdf using print option. Pay for ability to create them but shouldn't need the subscription to do so.
"Use an existing port and select Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop down. Click Next" --- Doesn't exist
"Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF" --- Doesn't exist
Any help greatly appreciated