Welcome to our community.
The error should not be an indication that you are using a trial. Have you confirmed that the HLP file isn't actually open on your PC?
Helpful and Handy Links
Thanks, yes I did verify that the file isn’t open on my pc.
When you go to File-->Open and select the hlp file,there at the bottom,is an option that says "Files of Type",we have .hlp listed two places,one in All help projects and second we have specific option that says Winhelp .hlp,select Winhelp(.hlp) and try and open the hlp file now and take a look if it works.
Thanks, I tried that as well, I get the same error and it seems to auto-revert back to All help projects even though I select the Winhelp .hlp option.
Are you trying to open or import the HLP file ? Please try steps below to import hlp file:
1) In the Starter Pod click More under Import.
2) Select WinHelp(*.hlp) and click OK.
3) In Help-to-HTML wizard define your options.
4) Click Next and complete the operation.
Please try the steps and see if it works for you.
Thank you, I checked under import and there isn’t a “more” option. The only options available are: HTML/XHTML File, Frame Maker Document, PDF Doc, Word Doc, DITA Map, XML File, ADOBE Captivate Demo, Master Page, Snippet, Skin, and Skin from Web.
Hey, u need not to find "more" under import tab. Let me elaborate it more:
1) Launch RoboHelp. Observe starter pod. If starter pod is not shown then do step 2.
2) Click View->Pods->Starter. This will open starter pod for you which is shown as below.
3) Click on "More"(highlighted as red rectangle in snapshot)
4) Select WinHelp in import dialog.
5) Do the required settings.
6) Finish the operation. This will create new project out of your hlp project. Then you can generate the required output format.
Thank you so much, that worked!!!! Much appreciated!
I am running into the same problem on Windows 8 / amd64. However, when I try as you directed it crashes and wants to send a crash report to MS everytime. What is the solution?