10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 9:10 AM by Steve Werner

When I export to epub, I get 2 TOCs

it@caotti.net Level 1

I'm putting together my first epub, and I'm following along a video on Lynda.com to do it (the video title is "InDesign CS5.5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad" by Anne-Marie Concepcion, although I am using ID CS6). It was going fine until the table of contents.

I formatted each chapter in a different ID document in the book panel, then created a TOC style using my Chapter_Title paragraph style. That created the epub's navigational contents menu on the side, and it worked fine.

Now I'm trying to create an actual contents page in the document, where the chapter titles are hyperlinked to the chapters. I used ID's Layout>Table of Contents command and it seemed to work fine (although I can't tell if the chapter titles are hyperlinks).

But when I export to epub, I get one contents page with hyperlinks, and one without.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to get rid of the extra contents page? Or would it just be easier to delete it in Sigil or TextWrangler?