27 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2012 2:25 AM by Dave Merchant

Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster

timtro Level 1

I started with a few problems with Pr CS6 suddenly unable to render anything above 720 after the recent "updates".  After several hours with Adobe India "support" uninstalling video drivers and things kept getting worse and worse. Suddenly the support person, Richa Sethi, said it was time for her to go home... Gone!!! When I called back a few hours later I was told there was "no record" of my previous support call... and the new support person proceeded to do even more damage, concluding with the suggestion that I reolad the operating system. And all the programs. And all the updates. And all the rest.

Not in any mood to waste a few dozen hours, I contacted Nivida (also in India, unfortuantely) who managed to at least restore the functions that Adobe India Support had managed to destroy... And now I can again use other programs (Edius 6.5)... but Premiere CS6 and CS5 still open to a blue screen... which is worse than when I started with only a rendering issue... and a DVD compliling issue... and a Media encoder failure problem. A few weeks back they spent a month on a codec issue... and failed to solve that problem. (I eventually found the solution in the forum)

Somebody needs to start a very large class action lawsuit against Adobe for inflicting this kind of incompetence on an unsuspecting public. If I had some way of reverting my existing CS6 projects to CS5.5 or CS5 I would demand a total refund for this worthless waste of time masquerading as an "update" by Adobe. I will certainly NEVER buy another Adobe product. Ever.

Hello, Adobe? You're not saving anything when your outourced foreign "support" wastes hours and hours and accomplishes absolutely nothing. Hire back the US techs who can speak clearly and actually solve problems instead of making things worse and worse and worse!!!

I am so infuriated I am ready to chew the woodwork. Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!!!!

• 1. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
          rejdmast1 Level 2

Why don't you just restore your last good image backup and keep working?  That has saved me numerous times over the years.

• 2. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
            ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

What platform are you on?. If you are on Windows then use the System Restore point to a week ago or somewhere in that time range. If you are on OSX then Time machine back to that point. The problems you are running into are often the case with entry level support. In the Future you may want to start in the forums first and then proceed to entry level support. Also remember when contacting support make a backup of your OS before incase the experience is as you describe.

Eric

ADK

• 3. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
              timtro Level 1

Win7/64 on AMD. Adobe is NOT the only software on my system. I spent more time with Nvidia to finally get my video drivers back to working. I am demanding that Adobe provide me with the install disks so I can do a fresh install myself. My experience with Adobe India support has been 100% disaster. I refuse to let them into my system ever again.

Update: They have refused to send the disk and have referred me back to the %#@#$& that ruined my machine and my day yesterday.  

• 4. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>Adobe provide me with the install disks

How do you have the programs on your computer without install discs?

If you purchased via download, did you not write the install files to a backup disc?

Won't help now, but for the future, you need to follow the advice you were given to make a full backup of your boot drive

The product I use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm

Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may restore the image to a brand new drive in case of a crash, and not have to re-install anything

• 5. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

suggestion that I reolad the operating system. And all the programs. And all the updates. And all the rest.

For a system as messed up as yours seems to be, that's probably a good idea.

• 6. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                    timtro Level 1

The download for CS6 Master Collection does not fit on a DVD. I tried. I have more than Adobe products on my computers. Installs and updates for different programs occurr at different times. Adobe support is "considerring" sending me the install disks in compensation for my bad experience and lost time.

The solution is simple: Adobe needs to move support back to the US. These "support" people do nothing but read from a database of prepared responses. They do not fully comprehend English. They do not really understand the technical processes they are performing.

AT&T learned the lesson and moved their support back to the US after watching their customer relations fall to nothing. Adobe headed in that direction.

Hire Americans who can solve the problems and restore the reputation.

• 7. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                      timtro Level 1

"For a system as messed up as yours seems to be, that's probably a good idea."

Adobe is not compensating me for the time that would take, and there is absolutely NO guarantee that would solve the problem any more than anything else they have done. I have had to go back to Nvidia to correct the problems caused by Adobe "support". It is not fair to Nvidia to keep having to fix things over and over when it's Adobe's fault.

• 8. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

The solution is simple: Adobe needs to move support back to the US.

Here, here!

But that's only half the process.  They need to hire only American citizens who speak English as their primary language, not as a secondary language.

• 9. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>The download for CS6 Master Collection does not fit on a DVD

According to other messages I have read, the MC download is not one large file, it is several smaller files that will, individually, fit on DVD

Or, copy backups to a USB hard drive... as well as making a "working" boot drive backup to USB, such as using the Image program I linked

• 10. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                            lasvideo Level 4

This is one of a few reasons why I prefer to buy the disks then do the cloud thing.

• 11. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                              Alan Craven Level 4

Jim,

American citizens are not the only people who speak English as their primary language!  Indeed I have met a number of American citizens whose primary language is not English!

Support also requires people who have some knowledge of the software.  It is all too obvious that they have a limited number of responses which are recited parrot fashion.  The gist of the principal one seems to be "It is not our software, stupid.  It is your system."

• 12. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                Keith_Clark Level 2

timtro wrote:

Adobe is not compensating me for the time that would take, and there is absolutely NO guarantee that would solve the problem any more than anything else they have done.

no offence intended, so please do not take it that way, but why is it adobe's obligation to compensate you for a computer system that is just seriously screwed up? the problems you listed don't seem to me to be "an adobe problem" they seem to me to be "a bad system problem." all those problems you listed, are just digital insanity. and i dont think any amount of customer service could restore that. i have formatted my hardrive for less, and i'm willing to wager that may be your only solution at this point. i would try uninstalling and re-installing the adobe suite, but if that doesnt work, that Boot drive may need to be reformatted.

• 13. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                  timtro Level 1

"why is it adobe's obligation to compensate you for a computer system that is just seriously screwed up?"

The computer system was NOT screwed up UNTIL Adobe Support removed video drivers and incorrectly installed a new one that had to be repaired by Nvidia Support. They also removed other files that caused Premiere to crash (blue screen) which had not been a problem before.

Every time they accessed my computer more and more problems appeared. The computer works just fine for the other installed programs, INCLUDING earlier versions of Premiere/Encore/MediaEncoder, and CS6 worked ok UNTIL the recent batch of "updates". My workflow has been disrupted, my time has been lost, and no problems were ever solved. The first support person actually QUIT part way through the process. When I called back to have someone finish the job, they ended up "finishing" the video driver to the point where nothing worked. At that point I told them to get out and stay out.

As Jim Simon said, "The solution is simple: Adobe needs to move support back to the US."

• 14. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                    timtro Level 1

The gist of the principal one seems to be "It is not our software, stupid.  It is your system."

The "system" worked fine for CS4, CS5, CS5.5, Edius 6.5 and everything else. The problem was that after the "update", Premiere CS6 locked up on renders, CS6 Media Encoder stopped working after about 30 seconds and CS6 Encore could not complete a DVD without a brand new "hardware" error ... all appearing after the most recent updates. That's not "my system", that's Adobe software. When Adobe Support replaced the video driver that stopped working because it was not done correctly and Nvidia had to repair the damage.

As to the language, it's like they are not paying attention. In a chat session I said that errors had appeared during the rendering process and their reply was "I understand you are having trouble installing the program".  Not even close!

It is also clear that they do NOT adequately understand the software. They simply read from a database of "solutions". Watch in the chat and you will find word-for-word the same replies to the same keywords.

• 15. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                      timtro Level 1

"i would try uninstalling and re-installing the adobe suite, but if that doesnt work, that Boot drive may need to be reformatted."

SpinRite says there is no problem with the boot drive. The files that are crashing are on a RAID 0 drive that has also been verified.

I have requested an install disk so that I can re-install the prior version.

The last thing that Adobe had "suggested" after they trashed the video driver was that I reinstall Windows. You know how long that would take, and the problem is not with Windows anyway.  With their track record I'm pretty sure that would not solve anything anyway.

Maybe Adobe software does not "like" AMD processors. That's not my fault.

• 16. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                        Ed.Macke Level 3

"The solution is simple: Adobe needs to move support back to the US."

I think the solution is that Adobe simply needs to realize that tech support is much too important to be treated as an outsourced afterthought.

Moving it back to the US is, I think, a start. But if Adobe tries to continue to do it on the cheap, we will simply have the same imcompetent support, just with higher wages and better accents.

• 17. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                          Keith_Clark Level 2

timtro wrote:

The gist of the principal one seems to be "It is not our software, stupid.  It is your system."

The "system" worked fine for CS4, CS5, CS5.5, Edius 6.5 and everything else. The problem was that after the "update", Premiere CS6 locked up on renders, CS6 Media Encoder stopped working after about 30 seconds and CS6 Encore could not complete a DVD without a brand new "hardware" error ... all appearing after the most recent updates. That's not "my system", that's Adobe software. When Adobe Support replaced the video driver that stopped working because it was not done correctly and Nvidia had to repair the damage.

As to the language, it's like they are not paying attention. In a chat session I said that errors had appeared during the rendering process and their reply was "I understand you are having trouble installing the program".  Not even close!

It is also clear that they do NOT adequately understand the software. They simply read from a database of "solutions". Watch in the chat and you will find word-for-word the same replies to the same keywords.

i apologize. i interpretted that all those reasons were why you called to begin with, and that just sounds like dll, drivers, or registry files that are haywire to me.

• 18. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                            timtro Level 1

In the previous issue I had with Nikon AVi being interpreted as audio files by CS6 but not by CS5.5 or CS5 - That turned out to be a codec that was required by CS6 but not the earlier versions or other video editing programs. (That solution was found in this forum). That's not my system, that's a change in CS6 from earlier versions and a failure to include the necessary codec.

In this issue, whether or not it was my system (I'm supposed to buy a new editing suite every time Adobe updates  a program?) UNTIL Adobe got through with it. It may well be a conflict between Adobe and Nvidia, but they didn't solve it, they incorrectly replaced the driver with the one that was there to begin with. If Premiere no longer works with my video card, they need to know that or say so, but it was NOT a problem until the most recent updates. I can buy a new video card but Im not going to waste my day clutching at straws for no good reason.

• 19. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                              Alan Craven Level 4

timtro wrote:

Which is precisely my point!  So why take it issue with me?  Like most Adobe users, I have been burned by their "support".  I do not recall it being much better before it was out-sourced, either.

• 20. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                                timtro Level 1

I'm not taking issue with you, I am reinforcing your statement. I'm sorry if it appeared otherwise.

I can't say if it was better before it was outsourced other than it appears to be getting worse instead of better.

I understand that after earning a reputation for the worst customer service in their business AT&T has brought their support back to the US. Grass Valley support is US based: first-ring fast, personal, concerned and efficient. Rackspace has the best tech support in the hosting business and it originates in a repurposed shopping mall in San Antonio, Texas. http://vimeo.com/19295495

Adobe needs to wake up: it's not cheaper if it only digs the holes deeper.

• 21. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                                  CAOLSEN Level 1

Last year Adobe support in India couldn't figure out what was wrong, transfered me to another person there, who then transfered me to a cell phone voice mail.

I never bother calling them for anything anymore.

• 22. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I do not recall it being much better before it was out-sourced, either.

Now, this goes way back to before the outsourcing, and actually prior to Premiere, but Adobe Technical & Customer Support were once near the top of any software company, with which I had ever dealt. Fortunately, I have not had to use either in maybe a decade, so have no direct experience - however, having read so many posts, it appears to have gone way downhill.

Good luck to all,

Hunt

• 23. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                                      vipul vaibhav Adobe Employee

Hi Tim

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with Adobe Support.

I have arranged for the installation Disc which will reach your doorstep and a callback has been arranged to get your billing address updated.

• 24. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                                        Level 4

Bravo to you, Vipul

Going that extra step to help this poster ( sending install disc ) without further ado sends a good message to users. I personally don't consider your doing that an 'admission' of poor support, or that the support in place does not work most of the time. I only interpret this to mean you care about solving problems and go the extra mile to help. That will go a long way to create positive feelings re: Adobe support in general. Thank you for posting your intention to help this poster publicly instead of a private mssg to him.

Good luck to the poster and hopefully the future will be less stressful and dreadful ( yikes ! ).

• 25. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                                          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A little late to the party, but...

I don't know if it works for Adobe support, but during an 18 hour nightmare support call with a printer manufacturer I requested firmly to be elevated to "the next level".

After being "elevated", I was speaking with a much more fluent and knowledegeable person who was finally able to resolve my problem.

• 26. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                                            anniamontage

[Offensive content deleted]

• 27. Re: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster
                                                              Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The original question has been resolved and I'm locking the thread. We do not tolerate personal insults or racial slurs on these forums.