Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown error when posting?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all,

I'm having 2 problems at the moment with posting the results.

1. When filling in the Name / Email to post to an internal server it gives an "unknown error"
i have changed nothing to the settings and my first attempt worked.

It also created the folders:

ftp.JPG

I set permissions to read/write for the folders as wel.

Any idea what could be going wrong, since it worked once and there is an xml file in the test 2 folder?

2. When using the Quiz results analyzer I get the following error:

quiz1.JPG

With the following settings:

server.JPG

This is also correct defined in the captivate settings menu:

internal server.JPG

And the file is located in the correct folder as wel.

Any idea what could be the problem? I've seen there is a thread about this

but can't find the working solution.

I'm using a remote unix php server.

thanks allready for the help!

yannick

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

1) Might be an issue with the Network path or Try to rename the folder (On Captivate 6, Edit -> Preferences [Configure Internal Server Settings])

2) internalserverread.php is not build for Unix Platform, Please use Windows Platform for your Server.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vikram,

thanks allready.

1. I tried change network paths to other sites and locations but still same issue " unknown error"

Another major problem is that the swf compilation failes now when trying to publish.

swf.JPG

I have tried a lot of the options given on this forum but nothings seems to work.

I know the problem is within the quiz reporting since when i don't enable reporting it works and publishes the file.

EDIT: the problem is only with internal server that it does not work I can publish when selecting acrobat.com

2. whats the difference between internalserverread.php and internalServerReporting.php, since i use the ...Reporting.php?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

1) We have reported this problem to the concerned Team and waiting for a reply.

2) InternalServerReporting.php reports the result to your desired location (Creates Captivate Results folder on your desired location)

&

internalserverread.php reads results from your desired location and shows results on Adobe Captivate Quiz Analyzer

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

After battling with this 'Unknown error' problem for days myself I decided to do a quick ProcMon trace on our Web server and found that for us at least the problem was that the PHP70_errors.log file in C:\Windows\Temp on our IIS 8 server didn't have permissions for IUSR to write to it. After I changed these the popup window now displayed 'Results posted successfully' correctly as shown on the screenshot.

Tom

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources