1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 11:01 AM by Mark_Rausch

How do i actually view Edge animate content at 100% on a connected device??

lancefreebooter69

Hey,

I'm working on a mobile mockup in Edge Animate, the resolution is 1280px high x 720px wide. I am previewing the output on a HTC One X via Edge Inspect.

It is working fine (once I figured out how to use the reponsive layouts feature in Edge Animate) but the android status bar and the 'dock' menu within Inspect are squashing my comp vertically so the preview is not in fact 100% scale... my 1280px high comp is now squashed to 1134px. Doesn't exactly give an accurate view of the final product...

It seems to me that the 'Show full screen on devices' is a bit misleading, or is it just how android handles this?

Any help much appreciated.

lance

• 1. Re: How do i actually view Edge animate content at 100% on a connected device??
          Mark_Rausch Adobe Employee

Hi Lance,

I'm not entirely clear on what you're seeing, could you possibly take a screenshot and post it here if I've misunderstood what you're describing? Thanks, meanwhile, I'll do the best I can to help.

There are two things that may prevent your mockup from taking up the entire screen on Android. There is the Android status bar and our Edge Inspect UI chrome that shows the URL and a couple of buttons. The Edge Inspect chrome you should be able to easily remove by choosing the full screen button within the Chrome extension. "Show full screen on devices" may be a bit misleading it's true, because when you click that we don't also hide the Android status bar. That is however, by design, since that status bar will remain visible on devices while your page is being shown in the native browser on the device, so we're giving you an accurate representation of your page.

Hope this helps,

Mark