3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2012 11:50 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Kobo e-reader

mpal25

I am trying to download an e-book from my local lending library, following the instructions of my Kobo, so that I can transfer it to my Kobo e-reader.  My computer is trying to open the file as a PDF, which is not the format of the e-book.  Is there any way I can change this so that it can be downloaded into Adobe Digital Editions and subsequently onto my Kobo Touch

• 1. Re: Kobo e-reader
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

I would try asking in the Digital Editions foru,

http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_digital_editions

• 3. Re: Kobo e-reader
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The original post was:

"I am trying to download an e-book from my local lending library, following

the instructions of my Kobo, so that I can transfer it to my Kobo

e-reader.  My computer is trying to open the file as a PDF, which is not

the format of the e-book.  Is there any way I can change this so that it

can be downloaded into Adobe Digital Editions and subsequently onto my Kobo

Touch"

There are several things to discuss here.  Let's start with the ebook from

the lending library.  I assume that you were successful in downloading it

to your computer.  What format did you download?  It appears that it was

not a PDF.  DE works with PDF's, but the downloads from libraries are

usually in EPUB format.  During the download, you can specify which program

you want to use to process the file.  Right click on the file name, and a

drop-down menu should appear with a choice to "Open With".  If you click on

that choice, then you should see a list of programs that would open the

file.  Digital Editions should be in the list, and you can click on it.

Pick 'SAVE' as the option, and the ebook should end up in the DE library.

It seems that Windows associates Adobe Reader with EPUB files every once in

a while, and this should fix that for you.

Next up - the Kobo Touch.  It's a supported device, so the process for

interfacing it with Digital Editions is relatively straightforward.  I

don't know from the message context whether you've ever done this before,

or whether the KOBO Touch is new to you.  If it's new, you need to register

it with B&N, and you should use your Adobe ID to do that, to make it easier

for Digital Editions.  Once registered, then you can hook it up to your

computer and make sure that Windows recognizes it and gives it a drive

letter.  Then, you can start DE.  The Touch should show up on the left hand

side of the Library view, as a 'bookshelf'.  At that point, you can drag

and drop the titles from the library onto the Touch.  When you're done,

close DE.  Then watch the Touch screen to see when it completes updating

for the new content.  When it's done, you can unattach it from your

computer, and start reading the ebooks.

Hope this helps!

==============