1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2008 4:39 PM by Captiv8r

Fly-out menus don't record

JudySemo
      We are using Captivate to record "How-to's" for our Sharepoint Portal users. We are using the flyout menus in the Quick Launch (the default menu on the left side of the page).

During recording, I hover the mouse over the main heading in the Quick launch menu and the second level menu items "flyout", then I select the second level menu item I need for the demo.
      While recording, everything displays and looks correct.

When I play the completed recording, the secondary level menu items have disappeared; the mouse pointer shows up and the "clicks" can be heard but where the flyout menu items should be is the web page, as if the flyouts are transparent.

I think the flyouts are javascript functions. Does Captivate have a problem with capturing objects created with javascript?

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

I'd welcome any kind of troubleshooting advice you'd have.

Thanks,
      Judy
        • 1. Re: Fly-out menus don't record
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Judy and welcome to our community

When recording, you should probably consider tapping the Print Screen key when you see these menus. This should force Captivate to grab a screen capture that contains the menu. Unless the menu is being presented in a really odd manner, the screen capture should grab the menu and things should work "more better", (Or is that "mo betta"?)

Cheers... Rick