• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fly-out menus don't record

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Captivate to record "How-to's" for our Sharepoint Portal users. We are using the flyout menus in the Quick Launch (the default menu on the left side of the page).

During recording, I hover the mouse over the main heading in the Quick launch menu and the second level menu items "flyout", then I select the second level menu item I need for the demo.
While recording, everything displays and looks correct.

When I play the completed recording, the secondary level menu items have disappeared; the mouse pointer shows up and the "clicks" can be heard but where the flyout menu items should be is the web page, as if the flyouts are transparent.

I think the flyouts are javascript functions. Does Captivate have a problem with capturing objects created with javascript?

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

I'd welcome any kind of troubleshooting advice you'd have.

Thanks,
Judy
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Judy and welcome to our community

When recording, you should probably consider tapping the Print Screen key when you see these menus. This should force Captivate to grab a screen capture that contains the menu. Unless the menu is being presented in a really odd manner, the screen capture should grab the menu and things should work "more better", (Or is that "mo betta"?)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources