2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 1:13 PM by Ram Atmakur

What does DefaultWorkspacefilter do?

Ram Atmakur Level 1

Hi CQ Gurus,

I am noticing these lines in my logs which is slowing down the performance of my development environment. It takes atleast 2-3 mins for a page to render due to Stick threads. If any one can share their thoughs regarding what is happening that would be great. I tried to investigate in my capacity was futile effort.

Regards

Rama.

05.10.2012 07:12:52.723 *INFO* [[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '3' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] com.day.jcr.vault.fs.config.DefaultWorkspaceFilter Starting coverage dump at /etc/att/rti/customerskus (skipJcrContent=false)

05.10.2012 07:12:52.749 *INFO* [[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] com.day.jcr.vault.fs.config.DefaultWorkspaceFilter Starting coverage dump at /etc/att/rti/customerskus (skipJcrContent=false)

05.10.2012 07:12:55.474 *INFO* [[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] com.day.jcr.vault.fs.config.DefaultWorkspaceFilter Starting coverage dump at /etc/att/rti/customerskus (skipJcrContent=false)

05.10.2012 07:13:18.007 *INFO* [[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] com.day.jcr.vault.fs.config.DefaultWorkspaceFilter Starting coverage dump at /etc/att/rti/customerskus (skipJcrContent=false)

• 1. Re: What does DefaultWorkspacefilter do?
          Sham HC Level 7

The WorkspaceFilter contains the definition of one or more filterset. In each filter you define a "root" path and optionally include/exclude patterns.

From the logs you are getting coverage of a package matching a workspace filter.

Issue could be

*  Some wrong Or corrupted Or complex filter settings in your custom workflow packages.

*  Not all the recommended hotfix is not installed.

Please verify your workflow package & in case looks fine, please file daycare with cq version, list of hf installed & imporantly 10 thread dumps at 2 second interval at the time you access page.

• 2. Re: What does DefaultWorkspacefilter do?
            Ram Atmakur Level 1

Thanks Sham,

In a usual scenario ( like we have created workflow packages and no stuck threads) thre is a purticular info lines in the logs which say

'com.day.jcr.vault.fs.config.DefaultWorkspaceFilter Starting coverage dump at /etc/att/rti/customerskus (skipJcrContent=false)'

and no.of lines correspond to the no.of workflow packages we have created. Can you tell me if possible what does a coverage dump actually does? This appears to be happening on every page load. Like we some 350 workflow packages created and for every page load ( I mean any page) we see 350 lines which says coverate dump has begun. What does a coverage dump mean? and how can we avoid this?

Regards

Rama.