4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 5:24 AM by ChrisSFX

AE CS6 will not open?

ChrisSFX

My AE CS6 for Mac will not open. It freezes on the loading screen saying 'initialising Mediacore'. I have un-installed and re-installed without success - any ideas?

• 1. Re: AE CS6 will not open?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

System specs? Any funky Apps installed recently? We don't know enough to even hazard a guess.

• 2. Re: AE CS6 will not open?
            ChrisSFX Level 1

Hi rick - Sorry for the lack of detail and slow response - I have not been at my machine this weekend. System spec as below:

Model Name:          Mac Pro

Model Identifier:          MacPro3,1

Processor Name:          Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed:          2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors:          2

Total Number Of Cores:          8

L2 Cache (per processor):          12 MB

Memory:          20 GB

Bus Speed:          1.6 GHz

Boot ROM Version:          MP31.006C.B05

SMC Version (system):          1.25f4

Software -

Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

I ran into this problem a couple of weeks ago and overcame it by un-install, re-install process, but this time it hasn't solved the problem. Interestingly, it is also crashing when trying to open Premiere, but freezes on a 'Loading ExporterQuickTimeHost.bundle' message.

I am currently using CS6 on my MacBook, but any suggestions on how to overcome this would be great. I may do a complete CS6 uninstall and re-install, but don't have time at the moment as I have a project to finish this week.

I haven't installed anything else recently.

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: AE CS6 will not open?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In my opinion you need to upgrade the OS. You're at the bottom end of the requirements. You should also check your display drivers and make sure they are up to date. You should also check fonts to make sure none are corrupted. CS6 runs marvelously on my 10.8 machines and I'm running it this morning on a Mac Book (black  plastic one) 2.16 GHZ Core 2 Duo with 2 GB ram. It isn't fast but it's stable.

• 4. Re: AE CS6 will not open?
                ChrisSFX Level 1

Hi Rick

Thanks very much for the tips - I will check out all the drivers, and speak to our IT department about upgrading the OS.