3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 3:22 PM by RandySwineford

Pre-Purchase Questions: Can users print online form as pdf?

Cliff-Taylor

Couple of pre-purchase questions:

1. Can users fill out a form online and then print it as a pdf? For example, if they fill out a form online can they download the output in a nice PDF that looks just like the form they see online complete with their responses?

2. Can I as a website owner control access to a form via user security? I.e. only paid subscribers to my site will have access to fill out the form, only paid subscribers can view the form data, etc.

I have a requirement where one entity will fill out a form, then it goes to another entity for approval and perhaps more data entry, then it goes to another entity for more, etc. At any point the entity/user needs to be able to print the form out in a nice looking pdf. I will also have strict routing rules.

Thanks.    

Ps. Also, how do you prevent spam entries? Is that a captcha option? If my form is online, how do you restrict who can fill it out?

• 1. Re: Pre-Purchase Questions: Can users print online form as pdf?
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

1. Can users fill out a form online and then print it as a pdf? For example, if they fill out a form online can they download the output in a nice PDF that looks just like the form they see online complete with their responses?

The respondent cannot save a filled out web form as a PDF file. This would be only possible if you distributed the form as a PDF (instead of a web form)

2. Can I as a website owner control access to a form via user security? I.e. only paid subscribers to my site will have access to fill out the form, only paid subscribers can view the form data, etc.

You would have to control this on your side. Anyone can fill out a FormsCentral form so you would have to protect the URL on your side.

I have a requirement where one entity will fill out a form, then it goes to another entity for approval and perhaps more data entry, then it goes to another entity for more, etc. At any point the entity/user needs to be able to print the form out in a nice looking pdf. I will also have strict routing rules.

We don't provide any routing capabilities

Ps. Also, how do you prevent spam entries? Is that a captcha option? If my form is online, how do you restrict who can fill it out?

We don't currently have a captcha option. Nor do we restrict who can fill it out.

• 2. Re: Pre-Purchase Questions: Can users print online form as pdf?
            Cliff-Taylor Level 1

Thanks for the prompt reply.

2. If I have the embedded code on one of my password protected pages, would this not serve the full purpose of restricting access to the form?

3. Is there a button or field that can be used to enter an email address to forward the completed form to? Could the collaboration options be configured to provide specific users to work on the form?

• 3. Re: Pre-Purchase Questions: Can users print online form as pdf?
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

#2 - yes that would work.

#3 - You can setup it up to send an email to the respondent (Submission Reciept) or send a notification to anyone the form file is shared with. Yes, you can control who has access to the form file.

Here are some relevant FAQs/posts:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/918711

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1424

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Randy

1 person found this helpful