2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 11:44 AM by scallywagtl

After Effects CS6 Error

scallywagtl

When I render using h.264 I get the following error at the very end of the render: "After Effects can't continue. An output module has stopped responding. The file may be damaged or corrupt." I am rendering video game footage in .mp4 format, and I have completed countless renders using the same type of clips and the same settings in the past. My computer is a 6-Core AMD Phenom 2 with 8 GB DDR-3 RAM, 750 GB HDD, and an ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card, and I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. All drivers are up to date, the latest version of quicktime is installed, and all important windows updates are installed as well.

Things I have tried already:

Rendering to an external hard drive - failed.
      Changing how often after effects purges memory during the render - failed.
      Move all files over from my PC (where I do all the editing) to my Mac and render from there - same error message.
      Uninstall and reinstall Quicktime - failed.
      Import project as opposed to opening it - failed.

What I also find odd is that when I render in parts, it works fine. If I render in two halves everything goes normally, which indicates that it isn't a problem with the clips I'm editing. I also tried rendering in Quicktime format using h.264 compression as opposed to just straight h.264, and that worked fine, which leads me to believe it's not a problem with quicktime. I haven't changed anything regarding new plugins or different footage than I've ever used in the past, and this error just started happening.

Here is a screenshot of my render settings in case you need them, and if it makes any difference, the comp is about 4 minutes long and around 200 layers.

http://gyazo.com/b53469649ef2622630491fe2f17d2e33

I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much!

- Tyler