2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2012 11:37 AM by Sohrab_09

PPro hangs when importing 5D files to DVCPro HD timeline

Sohrab_09

I am editing a 2 camera setup in a DVPro HD timeline in PPro 5.5.2.  I am working on a 8 Core Macpro with 12gb RAM & OS X 10.7.4

One camera is DVCPro HD & the 2nd is h.264 from a Canon 5D markii. All the media is on a seperate drive connected via FW800.

I have laid the DVCPro HD files as the master on the timeline. Now when I try to import B-roll from 5D footage, everything is fine.

But as soon as I put the selected 5D clips on timeline, the system just hangs. No playback, no response. Nothing seems to be working after this untill i quit the application & re-launch it again. PPro is fully updated.

Any known bugs or fixes for this?

Thanx

Sohrab

• 1. Re: PPro hangs when importing 5D files to DVCPro HD timeline
          josephs51576386 Level 3

Have you tried putting the footage on a different drive and seeing if that makes a difference? I doubt this will solve the problem though since the other footage is playing, I'm just intrested in seeing how it works out. I have never personally had much luck editing HD footage from firewire based HDD's.

• 2. Re: PPro hangs when importing 5D files to DVCPro HD timeline
            Sohrab_09 Level 1

ComputerNovice25 wrote:

Have you tried putting the footage on a different drive and seeing if that makes a difference? I doubt this will solve the problem though since the other footage is playing, I'm just intrested in seeing how it works out. I have never personally had much luck editing HD footage from firewire based HDD's.

That can't possibly be the problem. I have been using the same drive with FCP 7 & it works like a charm, even with HD footage. I could understand stuttery playback but crashes, no way.  However I will give it a try as soon as I am in the studio.

Thanx for the input