6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2012 11:16 AM by kkshortcuts

My white 7 in color pandigital won't open adobe DRM books

kkshortcuts

Can someone help me figure out why my ereader will not open the adobe DRM books. The errors are as follows:

W_ADEPT_FINGERPRINT_MISMATCH

E_ADEPT_CORE_USER_NOT_ACTIVATED

I have two Black pandigitals that open the library books up with no problem. Is there some setting on the white that needs to be changed? I have an account with adobe, and have used the adobe digital editions to bring the books in from the library to my computer. They open up on the computer fine. Just errors out only in the white ereader.

Thanks for any help in this,

Kathy

• 1. Re: My white 7 in color pandigital won't open adobe DRM books
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

When you bought it, did you register it with Pandigital, using your Adobe

ID?  If you did, then try the simple things first: do a hard reset on the

ereader.

===============

• 2. Re: My white 7 in color pandigital won't open adobe DRM books
            kkshortcuts Level 1

HI, I bought it from a friend, She said she doesnt remember registering it with adobe. I went to the adobe site and don"t see anywhere to "register" the pandigital.

I have an adobe id, and the id is authorized with my computer.

• 3. Re: My white 7 in color pandigital won't open adobe DRM books
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

You register the Pandigital with its manufacturer, not with Adobe.  If she

did so, then it will have her ID - whatever that is.  That will not allow

you to read your ebooks - Digital Editions matches the ereader up to the

Adobe ID of the person who is using Digital Editions and keeps track of

what ereaders have been used with it.

I sense that you are not really familiar with the way ebooks and the rest

work.  Would you like me to go through the process with some of the side

tracks?

=============

• 4. Re: My white 7 in color pandigital won't open adobe DRM books
                kkshortcuts Level 1

Thanks for helping me, Sure, Any information you can give me will be appreciated.

Kathy

• 5. Re: My white 7 in color pandigital won't open adobe DRM books
                  Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Starting at the beginning....

When someone buys an ereader, they should go to the manufacturer or

distributor website and register it with them.  For example, if it's a KOBO

Touch, you'd go to the KOBO website.  Once there, you're going to be asked

for a user ID or to create one.  If you use your Adobe ID for that user ID,

it makes things simpler for the next steps.

Kathy, if you bought this from a friend, it appears that they may not have

done the registration part.  Try doing that: connect the Pandigital to your

computer, and make sure that your computer recognizes it.  When it does,

the screen on the Pandigital will say something like 'connected'.  Then,

get on the Internet and go to the Pandigital website [can't help you

there].  Once there, look for some place to sign up.  Try using your Adobe

ID and see if the website will let you do this.  If it will, then you're

going to be OK - the registration you do will transfer to the ereader, and

that makes life simple again.  If not, then we can try to get around the

problem later.

Sign off the Pandigital website.  You don't need to disconnect your ereader

- just open Digital Editions.  If all is well, you'll see the Pandigital

ereader about in the middle of the left hand panel, called the Bookshelf.

Then, all you have to do is to transfer the ebooks to it by dragging and

dropping, just as you do with the other ones.

Pitfalls: the white Pandigital is indeed registered to the person you got

it from.  You can 'deauthorize' it in ADE by using the key combination

CNTLSHIFTD.  Then, when you try to connect it again, you'll be asked to

authorize it - and you can use your Adobe ID to do that.

Let's start there, and see where we go from here.

===========

• 6. Re: My white 7 in color pandigital won't open adobe DRM books
                    kkshortcuts Level 1

Ugh, well it didn't work.

I was able to go to Pandigital and register the product.

(I honestly dont know if I had the ereader plugged in though.)

I found the box yesterday and tried a number on the box and it accepted it as a registration.

Then I found your instructions today so I hope that didnt mess this all up. I did go back to pandigital

with the ereader plugged in just now and entered the informatin again. It didnt allow me to open the

books without the error. I went and deauthorized the computer and reauthorized it. I deleted all the books in

ADE and redownloaded from the library, dragged then back to the ereader and still the same errors :O(

Thanks for our continued patience with me,

Kathy