6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 12:26 PM by elainecc

shake detection

mobly Level 3

is it possible to detect a shake motion and reveal/hide symbols based on the shake?

I can't write this type of code, so if its possible, I would be happy to pay some one to do it for me!

cheers

Alistair

• 1. Re: shake detection
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hey, mobly-

Not within Edge Animate, but it looks like it's available in Javascript:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2202216/javascript-listen-for-iphone-shake-event

According to the brief bit of research I did, Android doesn't allow its browser to access these events.

-Elaine

• 2. Re: shake detection
            mobly Level 3

Hi Elaine

Thanks for the link, I also found this script but was sure if it could be incorporated into an edge animate project. As I mentioned I dont know how to make it work with a symbol, hopefully someone on the forum can help, and as I say I'm happy to pay.

cheers

Alistair

• 3. Re: shake detection
              elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, Alistair-

As it's straight up JavaScript, it should be available for you to use in Edge Animate.  If no one answers before next week, ping me and I'll see if I can take a look at it then.

-Elaine

• 4. Re: shake detection
                mobly Level 3

Thanks Elaine

I paid for a script to be written for me, that is stand alone. I use DPS at the moment, so I create a web view and point the view to the html code, and that works well.

So my next step is to create more of the content with Animate, and then bring the whole lot back into indesign as an OAM file, will be interesting to see if that works better than a web view (which appear to be a but clunky at the moment)

I would be very greatful therefore for you guidance on how to implement this code that Ive had written, (or more likely amended) within Animate. I'll send you the code outside of the forum, if you are happy to have a look.

cheers

Alistair

• 5. Re: shake detection
                  mobly Level 3

Hi Elaine

I got pulled away from my shake project, but would now like to get back to it.

I downloaded the Shake.js file again, and have been reading as much as I can, seems I need to implement yep nope :-)

I'm really keen to start creating small "bits " of interactivity to add as .oam files into my DPS projects so having a shake method to reveal or hide objects (already do this with a basic html file) or shake to start playing a timeline animation.

As it's been 6 months since I last asked about this, are there any more learning resources that you know of that would help me learn this on my own?

Cheers

Alistair

• 6. Re: shake detection
                    elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, Alistair-

Not that I can think of off the top of my head, no - but definitely look at the posts that have to do with including files using yepnope or using the load method in compositionReady.  Those two methods seem to be the most popular at the moment.

Cheers,

-Elaine