3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2012 8:22 AM by Frustrated in AZ

RE: Adobe Digital Editions recognizing KOBO

stsalb

I have been using the ADE with my KOBO for over two years. Today, I can't manage my KOBO acct because ADE will not recognize the KOBO.I have tried changing USB cords, closing and reopening the program, restarting the computer without luck. I was able (as usual) to download my books but since the KOBO is not recognized on the home page cannot transfer them. The battery on the KOBO is fully charged. Any ideas on what I can do? 

• 1. Re: RE: Adobe Digital Editions recognizing KOBO
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Try a hard reset on the KOBO.  They lose their mind occasionally, and this

may be one of those times....

=================

• 2. Re: RE: Adobe Digital Editions recognizing KOBO
            stsalb Level 1

HI. I just tried the hard reset without any success. I will try to  reinstall the KOBO onto(into?) the ADE program

• 3. Re: RE: Adobe Digital Editions recognizing KOBO
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.  Both devices stand alone and connect

via the USB cord and the operating system software.  Let me go over the

process - no offense intended to your intelligence or experience.

The process of connecting should start with you plugging in the KOBO to

your computer.  The computer should recognize the KOBO and give it a drive

letter.  You can check on this with Windows Explorer (NOT Internet

Explorer), which will show you all of the devices attached to your computer.

Then, start ADE.  If all is well, ADE will show the KOBO in the bookshelf

pane of the Library view.  If it's not there, then you can try a couple of

things.  First, press the key combination of CTL, SHIFT and the letter D.

That should deauthorize the KOBO if it's there.  If ADE can't find it, it

will tell you it can't deauthorize the device.  The next time ADE tries to

see the KOBO, it should ask you to authorize the device.

There's one more thing to consider.  Did you upgrade any software - KOBO or

ADE?  That can upset the applecart.

===========