3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2012 9:12 AM by pdfCrazy

"Adobe InDesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart InDesign to recover w

pdfCrazy

HELP!

I am making a book in InDesign CS5. It contains 148 different ID documents. I'm ready to make my hi-res pdf to send to the print shop, however, each time I try to make it, I get the above error message. It appears to be exporting to pdf all the way through to the last document before the message come up. I have no idea which of the documents was recovered. When I click okay to recover, nothing opens. As a side note, I had no problems with making a lo-res pdf of it.

Also I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but in the Book palette, I accidentally clicked the box to the left of one of the documents which "sets the Style Source". I didn't want to do that, and I don't know how to get it unclicked.

I'm not experienced in booking in InDesign, so I don't know what to do next. I saw an earlier discussion about this error message, but I'm not sure it applies, since my InDesign is on my hard drive, not on a server. Its on a MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM.