9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2012 12:13 PM by Bettina BA

How do I create a title template?

Bettina BA

There must be something wrong with me or my installation.

• I think you create your own Title Templates but I cannot figure out how. How do I do that?
      • I have read here and saw someone saying you could Save Title. How? Where? What menue? I cannot find it.
      • I also saw someone said you can Export Titles to other projects . Here I at least find something in the menues. But Export under Arkive is dimmed and cannot be use.

My help file doesn´t give me anything at all. I have Adobe Premiere 9.0. Please help me!

(I have worked with Premiere for almost ten years now - last years with Premiere Elements. I often find many things hard to figure out how to do. Perhaps because I have worked so much with Pro.)

• 1. Re: How do I create a title template?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The ability to import and export title templates to the program was removed a few versions ago, Bettina. (Though you can export a title as a file and use Get Media/Add Media to add it to another project.) And you can create 640x480 or 1920x1080 graphics in Photoshop Elements and they'll load right into Premiere Elements, where you can add text to them.

You can also create a title and add text, graphics, clip art, animation, etc. to it.

What type of template are you trying to create? And what version of the program are you using?

• 2. Re: How do I create a title template?
            Bettina BA Level 1

Adobe Premiere 9.0

I can easily fix background in Photoshop but I prefer to have the text within Premiere itself. It is asier to change. But as it is now it gets really hard to insert text elements and put them all in the same position.

Changing text or background in Photoshop isn´t updated properly. Closing project and opening it again makes the gallery of images updated but the image visible in timeline isn´t updated. I really tried to make this work out right last week.

I dont think it is fair to remove functions in new versions. My old Adobe Premiere 6.0 and 8.0 has a lot of functions I cannot find any longer. For example make a still imaged from the movie. Why should I bother to update for the future? Why should I give Adobe more money for a new license?

• 3. Re: How do I create a title template?

I don't know. I guess not, if it's not the product you want.

• 4. Re: How do I create a title template?
                Bettina BA Level 1

Does anyone know how to get my updated .pds background images to update properly in timeline?

• 5. Re: How do I create a title template?

PSD files used in Premiere Elements will always update automatically as soon as you save the PSD in Photoshop Elements.

• 6. Re: How do I create a title template?
                    Bettina BA Level 1

No usually I cannor save the .psd file without getting an file locked.error. I have to shut premiere down and edit. Then when I am up an running again and render my file it is still showing the old image. In image and clip gallery it shows the right image. I really tried to get around this behavious but failed.

I never exported the projekt - it might be right then.

I am actually really disapointed vith 9.0.Premier Elements 6-0 and 8-0 behaved much better while editing .pds files

• 7. Re: How do I create a title template?

Well, there was no Premiere Elements 6.0.

But version 10 and especially 11 are great improvements, especially with hi-def video.

But if you can't save a PSD file without your computer locking up, something more fundamental needs to be fixed on your system and your problems probably aren't related to the program.

• 8. Re: How do I create a title template?
                        Bettina BA Level 1

Thanks for your kind anwers.
                        But I am disapointed anyhow.

I am definitely not in need of HD videos. I am producing videos for the web and so far none of the services I have found for free out there has made a fair presentation of HD videos. I know there are such videos at Youtube but reading their guidlines how to produce the best quality videos isn´t enought. I have really tried.

On top of that I personally hate wide screen. Wide screen was made for surrounding experiences at a movie saloon - not for a laptop screen. I find it a hard format for creating "art" - far from the golden ratio.  It is also bad for an interview situation since you cannot in anyway hide the one holding the mictrophone. You need new microphones times two - one för the each person involved.

Sorry if f I sound pessimistic but with all problems I had to startup using Premiere Elements 9.0 I have a right to be it. I ordered it 27 december 2011 and got it running 1 october 2012. To make it work I needed to buy a new laptop. Read and you will understand  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4280655

• 9. Re: How do I create a title template?
                          Bettina BA Level 1

Note! My IT Department worked really hard to make it work. They bought me a new laptop to get rid of the graphic display problem. We had no chance to persuade eiterh Nvidia or Adobe to fix whatever bug that was.

And now I hardly can use the program due to all problems