2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 12:39 AM by Peter Grainge

Word doc generated from RoboHelp 10 uses "Article" and "Section" as Prefixes in the TOC

thekofler

I am generating a printed document, specifically a Word document from a RoboHelp 10 project. When I select Use Styles from Microsoft Word Template in the Print documentation Appearance dialog box, the TOC1 heading in the Word document is prefixed with "Article", the TOC 2 heading is prefixed with "Section", and TOC 3 is alpha numbered like this:

Table of Contents

Article I.          The Protocol Probe 1

Section 1.01     Welcome. 2

(a)         About this Guide. 2

Section 1.02     Product Overview.. 3

(a)         Contacting Us. 3

Article II.      Install and Configure the Probe 3

Section 2.01     How to Install the Probe. 6

Section 2.02     Overview.. 7

Section 2.03     Server Installation. 8

(a)         Warnings and Cautions. 8

(b)         Warning: Adherence to Safety and Assembly Instructions. 8

This occurs whatever Word template I specify in RoboHelp. It does not occur if I select the Use Styles From Stylesheet checkbox. It also occurs if I generate a PDF.

When I update TOC in Word the correct numbering and styles I have specified are applied. However, I don’t want to have to do this every time I generate a Word document.

I have tried the following, all with the same result:

• Specifying different Word templates in Robohelp
      • Creating a blank template in Word with minimum styles an specifying this template in RoboHelp
      • Recreating the TOC styles in Word
      • Re-installing the style mapping template in Robohelp
      • Looking thru the default mapping and other RoboHelp templates and CSS to see what might be causing the odd numbering.

I have just installed RoboHelp 10 (no previous version of RoboHelp on system) and have never encountered this problem with any version of RoboHelp before.

I cannot determine if it is Word or RoboHelp, or a combination of both, that is causing the problem.

I know that the prefixes that are generated in the Word TOC are defined by List Templates in Word; however there is no real way to edit these in Word as far as I can tell. As far as I can see, the TOC styles in the Word template do not have any specific numbering specified.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and found a solution? Or does anyone know how RoboHelp specifies the styles for TOC's for Word documents?

I am using Windows XP SP3, Word 2007 and RoboHelp 10.0.0.287.

Thanks in advance.