3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2012 1:52 PM by George_Johnson

How to create fill-able document and enable signature in it ?

helloflash1234

I have Adobe Acrobat X Pro version 10.0

I want to create a fill-able form with signature feature that I want to put on windows tablet.

So that anyone with the table can got o customer and ask the customer to fill out the form and sign in and then I should be able to save that PDF document.

Please help me with the process - Also, if I remember correctly digital sign in PDF form is a process of importing the signature file ? if yes, t hen is there any other way to just sign it by stylus or digital pen ? because importing a signature will protected with a password is just a long process and might be annoying for the customer to go throught the whole process for only signature.

Please HELP..

I also read somewhere that I can also create web forms - I would also like to learn about that ?

• 1. Re: How to create fill-able document and enable signature in it ?
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I too think the process of setting up a self-signed certificate would be problematic. Since the digital ID would be set up on your computer and not theirs, there's really no way to prove that it was the customer who signed. You might want to look into the new EchoSign feature for e-signing.

• 2. Re: How to create fill-able document and enable signature in it ?
            helloflash1234 Level 1

In my requirement, a person will go with tablet to the customer and tablet will have a document that needs to be filled by each customer.

The person will fill out the form and customer will sign it on the tablet. I just want to make the process easy, digital signing in not a very easy process and not very secured because customer might thing why we are saving the sign on our tablet. Also, if we have 1000s of signs saved, it will be dificult to manage all the signs and every time customer have to put the password (and remember the password). This process is way too long and not efficient.

Do I have EchoSign feature in Adobe Acrobat X Pro version 10.0 ?

By looking at the Echosign feature online it seems like anybody can sign the document by just typing the name and the sign is based on the name, what if someone's sign is different ? Also the document needs to be emailed to echosign website then to receiver. It takes times, what if customer is on site and now in front of computer ?

Also I am thinking about adding ink pen on my document so that anybody can sign it, what do you think about this alternative ?

• 3. Re: How to create fill-able document and enable signature in it ?
              George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Yes, see the Sign panel. EchoSign allows the user to draw their signature as part of the process.

You can simply use the pencil tool to have the user add thier handwritten signature. It obviously won't provide what a digital signature does. I can't say whether it will be sufficient for your needs. If you go with this approach, you might want to flatten the signature appearance so it become aprt of the regular page contents. You can do this easily with the following free JavaScript-based tool: http://www.uvsar.com/projects/acrobat/flattener/