4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 7:32 AM by the_wine_snob

How to import own graphics?

JarmoKoo

Hi, just installed the trial version of Premiere elements.

There is a limited amount of graphics available in the PE, but I would like to add some more, e.g. different shapes of speech bubbles?

How can I do that?

• 1. Re: How to import own graphics?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tip & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for How-To articles.

I will move this post out to the main forum, where more people will see it.

For graphics, most can be Imported, just like Video Clips, or Still Images. For many, like logos, one can use those directly in a Title, with PrE's Titler.

If you are using Vector Art, you might want to Rasterize those to PSD, TIFF, PNG, or JPEG, in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How to import own graphics?
            JarmoKoo Level 1

Sorry for the wrong address. The layout of the forum is not the clearest I have seen, though

I tested already importing a graphic like a still image. I could bring it to the timeline, but as a separate picture, not on top of the existing image, like the graphics already found in the Elements. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? So I have a still image or video shot, I would like to add some graphics on top of that.

I already found some more graphics in the Elements also, by changing from the Quick to the Expert-mode (cannot understand why there is a different graphics shown between the modes). Those graphics, is it possible to change colors and modify the shape (e.g. to move the "arrow" pointing to the speaker's mouth, whatever you call it...)?

• 3. Re: How to import own graphics?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

When you Import an Image, just like with an AV Clip, that Image will appear in the Project Panel. To place it "above" Video, or another Still Image, and provided that it is on a Transparent Background, just drag it to a Video Track above the Video, or Still Image, say Video Track 2, if your Clip, or Still is on Video Track 1.

One can also use a graphic Image in Titler, as a "Logo."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: How to import own graphics?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a look at a PSD, used as a graphic over several other Videos:

Logo_Screen-cap_01.jpg

In this case, the graphic is a PSD on a Transparent Background, and its Opacity was adjusted down, to "ghost" it a bit.

Hope that helps,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful