15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2012 2:11 PM by nolimit61

How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?

nolimit61

I purchased a bundled Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Premiere Elements 10.  When attempting to install Premiere Elements 10 I received an error stating..

This installer does not support 64 Bit Windows XP or Vista.  If you are installing from discs pelase remove ths disk and insert disk #1.  If you are not installing from disk please download the 32-bit version of Premiere Elements 10. 

I have only one disk in the bundle for Windows (the other is for the MAC OS)  Where/How can I download Premiere Elements 10 or a 64 bit installer for Vista for the disk I have.  I'm guessing my serial numbers are only valid for PE10.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you purchased the program, you should have received 5 discs.

For XP and Vista, you should install discs 1, 4 and 5, as indicated on the discs.

• 2. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
            nolimit61 Level 1

Thank you.  The bundle I purchased contained only 2 disc (Win and Mac) with both Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 on a single disc.  Support provided me a workaround, however I am still unable install Premiere.  The installer won't run on my Vista Home Premium 64bit PC.  (Photoshop installed fine.)

• 3. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Something does not sound correct.

Did you purchase the combo, Premiere Elements & Photoshop Elements, from a certified reseller?

Hunt

• 4. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                nolimit61 Level 1

I assumed so.  I compared prices and purchase through an Amazon.com supplier.  Their site had all the BBB and ratings I would expect from a ligitimate reseller.  My exact situation is described here by this support link: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/cannot-install-premiere-elements-10.html

It would appear that 64bit PE10 is unsupported on a Vista 64 bit PC, only Win 7. 

The software bundle with the single DVD appears to be OEM distributable and for system builders.Don't know what exact difference that should make with the software, only the packaging and distribution method.  It appears I have an option to use the 32 bit PE10 Software - which is acceptable...

• 5. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>appears to be OEM distributable and for system builders

I am not sure, but I do not think it is legal for OEM products to be sold "over the counter" since the product is designed to be used by a system builder only... where the system builder is buying a reduced price version to go on ONE set of hardware, not the retail version where the hardware may vary and there are extra install discs

I think you need to contact Amazon about obtaining a refund, and then buy the retail bundle with the 5 discs that Steve mentioned

• 6. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

One other option -- assuming you bought the full version of the program and not an LE version -- is to download the program from the Adobe site, but use the serial number you got with your boxed set to activate it.

That way you'll get the right version of the program installed and everything will be hunky dory!

• 7. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?

This discussion http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1080080 indicates that PrEl 10 is no longer available for download from Adobe

But, reply #5 includes a link to a site that may have a link to v10

I do, however, wonder if an OEM serial number will work?

• 8. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

John T,

I cannot remember exactly when it was enacted, but PrE did allow the capability to change the trial to the full-paid version, with just the full-paid S/N. Actually, PrE had that capability a few versions before PrPro got it. Until CS 5, IIRC, one had to uninstall the PrPro trial, run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool a few times, and then do a complete install for the full-paid version - a real hassle.

Hunt

• 9. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?

>change the trial to the full-paid version, with just the full-paid S/N (bold added)

Agreed... but I still wonder if an OEM version serial number will do the same thing... since, as I said back in #5, my understanding is that an OEM version may not be sold except with a computer

But... if nolimit61 ever does find a v10 demo download to try, maybe he/she will report back so we will all know

• 10. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

but I still wonder if an OEM version serial number will do the same thing... since, as I said back in #5, my understanding is that an OEM version may not be sold except with a computer

On that, I cannot answer. I have zero experience, as I do not do trials. I have also not used an Adobe OEM program, since about PS Lite, back in maybe 1990.

One thought is that with some pre-configured computers, the builders provide a Recovery disc, with the OS, and any pre-installed programs. Wonder if the OP got such a disc?

Hunt

• 11. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?

I I understood correctly, this was not a pre-installed program... he bought an inexpensive OEM copy from an Amazon sub-vendor, and it won't install on Vista 64bit

This would seem to be a case of trying to save on the purchase price ended up with a non-working product due to 32bit -vs- 64bit installer

• 12. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Oh, that could well change everything. When I read "OEM," I assume that it was maybe Dell, or HP, having done a pre-installation.

To me, buying any Adobe program from a non-certified reseller, and especially so, if the term "OEM" is used, is akin to buying a "genuine" Rolex from the guy with the dirty overcoat, down on the corner.

I wish the OP good luck, and hope that Adobe will not confirm issues with their program.

Hunt

• 13. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                                  nolimit61 Level 1

Thank you both B. Hunt and J. Smith for the time and thought spent on my issue.   I feel the root cause of my issue is described in my post #4 through the

Adobe support link: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/cannot-install-premiere-el ements-10.html

which describes the the 64bit installer not working on 64 bit XP or bit 64bit Vista PCs.  The support article further describes how to download a 32 bit version of Premier Elements 10 and install on my 64 bit Vista machine.

While the OEM version of the software seems to be a contributor to the confusion and lacking multiple discs, the support article did not suggest that it was a packaging/bundling issue, but more so an incompatibility of operating systems and software installers.   I agree that the bait and switch by the seller (picture one thing and ship another) didn't help and I will be taking it up with them (and Amazon).  That said, not seeking to pay list price for cars, appliances, or software isn't unethical, switching or not disclosing what one is selling however is unethical.

I followed the instructions in the Adobe support post and the 32 installer worked on my 64 bit Vista machine.  I stopped just short of entering the license code as I plan to upgrade to Windows 7 64bit in order to use the 64bit version of the PE10 - which I feel would perform faster.  I'd expect that the installer would work as it did for Photoshop Elements 10 on the same OEM bundle.  My fallback position is to run the 32 bit version on the Win7 64bit machine after I upgrade.

Finally, I'm a hobbyist, just looking to create a DVD capturing a recent family reunion.  That was my objective and I'm closer to achieving it as a result of Adobe Support and your contributions.  Thank you.

• 14. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                                    nealeh Level 5

nolimit61 wrote:

I stopped just short of entering the license code as I plan to upgrade to Windows 7 64bit

You can enter the licence code if you wish. Then when you are ready to make the W7 switch, uninstall PRE and ensure the Deactivate box is checked. This updates the activation status for that serial number on Adobes systems.

Cheers,
                                    --
                                    Neale
                                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
                                    • 15. Re: How To Download 32 Bit PE10 for Vista 64 Bit PC?
                                      nolimit61 Level 1

Hello Nealeh,

Thanks for the tip.  I had a few hours of down time today so I upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.  I then attempted to install PE10 from the previously purchased bundle and it installed without a hitch.  If I change computers, this will be handy.  Thank you.