8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2012 6:36 AM by sudarshan.t

Photoshop CS4 sudden lag after installing tablet driver

hyori_kim Level 1

Hi..

So my PS CS4 had never lagged before, it was all running perfectly, all functions are going quickly. I was using the newest driver for wacom intuos 3,

but with using a new driver, I had a weird pressure problem. It would only work with an older driver, so I uninstalled the newest driver and changed it into the older driver. But it won't work unless I trash photoshop prefernces (the ctrl alt shift thing) ...

Suddenly everything just turns laggy, although no pressure problem.. brush lag, text tool lag, everything, even moving the canvas window lags. I don't know how to return the old preferences, i tried increasing virtual memory from 4k to 6k mb, but no change. In performance tab I changed memory usage from 70% to 80% no change too.

I would like to try and change back to the newer wacom tablet, but i never found a solution to the newer driver pressure problem, everyone in some other forum suggested to trash photoshop preferences and change to older driver.. Ages ago, I did this in my computer, and it's running good, but recently I want to do it in my laptop, and it lags.

I'm using windows 7, 64bit.

RAM 8gb,

E and C drive are more than 100GB available.

photoshop version 11.0

openGL turned off (or on, no difference)

I tried uninstalling photoshop but no luck. I tried updating GeForce driver to the latest version, no luck too. (I'm using gtx 420m)

I'm just curious if there's a way to fix the problem without having to download photoshop patch (because it was running perfectly so I don't think it has anything to do with photoshop patch?)

any idea? please tell me if i forgot to mention something..

thank you