2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 5:37 AM by elliot-n

Saving stuck at 0%

elliot-n Level 1

I'm just starting using CS6 for real work. I have a file that is stuck at 'Saving 0%'. It's been like that for 24 hours. I've managed to duplicate the file (Image > Duplicate) and resave it, so all is ok. But worried about the behavior. How can I avoid this?

• 1. Re: Saving stuck at 0%
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Were you saving across a network and locally?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

• 2. Re: Saving stuck at 0%
            elliot-n Level 1

Thanks.

I was saving to a Promise Pegasus connected directly to a Mac mini.

As I didn't lose any work, I think I'll carry on and see if it happens again, before going through all those trouble-shooting routines. But it's a recent, clean, up-to-date Photoshop install, with no plug-ins etc.

(I think I'll Force Quit now, as Phtoshop won't allow me to quit as it thinks it's saving.)