0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2008 11:09 AM by murfmee

Access to Webkit settings from ActionScript?

murfmee Level 1
      H'lo.

I'm responding to a post in a thread made over in the now closed Labs AIR forum.

I had asked:
      quote:

Is there a way to access the Webkit engine's settings from within an AIR application?

To which anirudhs replied:
      quote:

No, there's no way to access the webkit engine's settings from an AIR application.

But then Arno Gourdol asked:
      quote:

If you'd like us to consider adding this feature in a future version of Adobe AIR, could you provide a bit more info regarding why this feature is important to you and how you'd like to use it?

So... For me this feature is important because I want to be able to have an HTML component create the DOM structure, so that I can then analyze and manipulate it in AIR, without having it download all of the images or other embedded files on the page. With this functionality I could have an AIR app load a handful of pages from a website, render them into DOM structures "off screen" using HTML components, parse through the DOM looking for specific Elements, then recombine those Elements into a new page which I could then render in a visible HTML component for the user.

Currently I don't know of any way to render loaded HTML into the DOM structure that Webkit creates, without rendering everything on the page.. which means wasted time and bandwidth if I just want access to the DOM structure and/or copy on the page.

Thank you. :)

-[a]-