2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 6:51 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign-CS6 Loaded cursor question

mentlity Level 1

I have a word doc that has approx 165 pages,   opened ID6 selected Place and loaded the cursor. Created 100 blenk pages and now pasting the tex and images from the word doc into ID. My question is , I see I have to do all this by hand ( pasting then command clicking each time I fill up a page)

is there a simpler way to do this ?

RD

• 1. Re: InDesign-CS6 Loaded cursor question
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Start with one blank page. Choose File > Place and choose the Word document. When you have the placement cursor, hold down the Shift key (to invoke the auto place function). Click at the top left of the first page. InDesign will auto place the file all at one time, adding pages as it needs them.

• 2. Re: InDesign-CS6 Loaded cursor question
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If you are getting blank pages like this it means there is something in the text that can't break and is too wide  (or in the case of a table, too tall) to fit the frame for some reason.

The fastest way to identify the problem is to open the story in Story Editor and look at the first part of the text after the overset indicator. Common causes are hyphenation disallowed and the use of non-breaking spaces, text insets that add to more than the column width, huge type size specified, a Keep Option that is impossible to honor or a table cell that has more data than can fit inthe vertical height of the frame (unlike Word, ID will not split a table cell).