5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 12:58 PM by shooternz

how to tell which clips are used in sequence

howmanyscreennames Level 1

Is there a way to tell if the clips in your project panel are used in the current sequence? other than going throughone of the search options. Can I somehow insert a column in the project panel that would have a check mark in it if the clip is used?

Thank you

• 1. Re: how to tell which clips are used in sequence
          Jon-M-Spear Level 4

Look in the project panel for "video usage" or "audio usage".  It will tell you the number of times a clip has been used.

Mouse click on the arrow beside it, and it will tell you the sequences in which it has been used.

• 2. Re: how to tell which clips are used in sequence
            Alan Craven Level 4

Further to Jon's post - you will have to scroll right in the project panel to reach these two. 

I am not sure that the default workspace has them included.  If not you will have to go to the Metadata Display > Premiere Pro  Project Metadata, and check their boxes to display them. 

As I want to refer to these regularly, I drag them left so they are visible in my project panel without scrolling.  You will probably find it easier if you expand the Project Panel to full screen whilst doing this (' on a UK keyboard)

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: how to tell which clips are used in sequence
              Jon-M-Spear Level 4

Good advice.  I forgot that I may have edited the Metadata display.

• 4. Re: how to tell which clips are used in sequence
                Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

howmanyscreennames wrote:

Is there a way to tell if the clips in your project panel are used in the current sequence? other than going throughone of the search options. Can I somehow insert a column in the project panel that would have a check mark in it if the clip is used?

Thank you

In addition to adding metadata columns in list view, you can also easily find clips used in a sequence in icon view. You can also use icon view to locate the used clip in a sequence.

• To view if the clip has been used in a sequence, hover over the filmstrip icon with the mouse and view the tool tip. The indicator also shows how many times the clip is used in the sequence.
                • To locate the clip in a sequence, click the filmstrip icon and choose the sequence and sequence location (in timecode) from the context menu. The playhead will jump to the clip in the proper sequence
                • 5. Re: how to tell which clips are used in sequence
                  shooternz Level 6

Beside  the Small Preview Monitor at the top of the Project  Window is a Triangle that opens up to show all the instances of the clip useage.

Clicking on any of them..takes you there.

Useage data is also displayed there.