0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2012 4:43 AM by Gaius Coffey

Multithreaded compile to reduce compile times...

Gaius Coffey Level 2

Hi,

I have a _very_ fast laptop but am compiling for iOS using Flash Builder - the good news is that after moving to my laptop from the Mac that my client had me using, I have reduced compile times from 25 minutes down to 8 minutes for a release build. The bad news is that it _still_ takes 8 minutes!

I have increased heap size as much as it will allow me to while still creating a JVM (I have set it to 1024m, any more than that and JVM fails to start).

However, when viewing it in Task Manager (laptop is Windows), I can see that memory is really not the issue - I have a multi-core machine with absolutely loads of fast memory but only one of the processors appears to be being used and that not very much... Obviously, I want to be able to shorten the compile still further and I think the only way to do that is to find a way to compile using multi-threads.

I saw a thread somewhere about a product to compile using multiple threads (JDHC, I think?) but I don't know whether it is worth the $60 or whatever for a licence.

Has anyone else used this or a similar product? Was it worth it?

Thanks,

G