• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create PDF without image compression?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i create a pdf from multiple images without any compression?

Seems like even if i do optimize pdf and select png(edit the settings to do max res and no downscaling), when it saves the pdf, at 100% zoom, it's obviously bigger than my original png and compressed(or maybe it looks blurry because it's being upscaled when i never requested).

In short, if my png is 500x500, i want it to be exactly that size at 100% maginification once the pdf is saved out. I don't want any compression, i don't want any scaling...why is it so hard to do this???

Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

However... the conversion can be lossless.  If you make a PDF file from a SINGLE image (different option) and select the image format in Files of Type you can click Settings and choose the format for compression. Choose ZIP and compression equivalent to PNG is used.

You also have fine control when printing to PDF.

It's just the Combine Files function, which is fast and simple, that lacks choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files use physical page dimensions (Points, 1/72 inch). They will not scale to a 1:1 pixel size as pixels mean nothing in the physical world.

The ISO PDF standard defines which types of encoding are permitted for color bitmap image data - JPEG and JPEG2000. Any other type must be converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However... the conversion can be lossless.  If you make a PDF file from a SINGLE image (different option) and select the image format in Files of Type you can click Settings and choose the format for compression. Choose ZIP and compression equivalent to PNG is used.

You also have fine control when printing to PDF.

It's just the Combine Files function, which is fast and simple, that lacks choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is for Acrobat DC (Creative Cloud 2015).

Simply go to the Preferences > Convert to PDF > PNG (or JPEG) and then Edit Settings. Change compression ot JPEG Maximum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choosing JPEG maximum should mean there is no visible effect. However JPEG will ALWAYS compress in a lossy way so this is not strictly speaking an answer to "How do i create a pdf ... without any compression?" only "How do I create a PDF... without losing visible quality".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob!

This issue has been driving me NUTs but your solution (Though very hard to find haha) has done the trick.

Much appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines