11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2012 9:38 PM by Silkrooster

saved pic

Halyze

I have CS1 i have saved a JPEG pic to PSD and when i upload it for an assignment the pic isnt aywhere, if i go to My Pictures it is there as a PSD file, even if i have saved the original to JPEG it wont open, i have altered the pic using LAB (converting a pic to balck and white) plz help

• 1. Re: saved pic
          the_wine_snob Level 9

For the location of that Save_As, you should be able to do a Search of your system, if you recall the name. If not, then Search for *.PSD, and look at the locations for those.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: saved pic
            Halyze Level 1

i can find it when i open up My Pictures on its own but when i go to attach it to a document its not there

• 3. Re: saved pic
              Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you use the open or place dialog box, make sure your file type is set to all formats. If it is set to say png, then all that will show is png.

fileformats-photoshop.jpg

• 4. Re: saved pic
                Halyze Level 1

The file box is empty and there is nothing to chose from

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: saved pic

If you meant the files of type drop down menu is empty, then you have a whole other issue going on. I'll get to that in a moment.

If you meant you don't see any files listed, then odds are none of that file type are in that folder. If you can find it in explorer, you can copy the location into the location box at the top of the a open dialog box.

Or, double click on the file and just load it from explorer.

Now back to the first issue, if that drop down menu is empty, then you can try recreating the preference file(It may be corrupted). You could update your video driver and see if thats the issue. And you could reinstall photoshop if all else fails.

Other than that, it may be time to talk to Adobe.

• 6. Re: saved pic
                    Halyze Level 1

i sussed it, it was the file was too big thats why it wasnt anywhere when i went to download thanx to you all anyway one lesson learnt for future

• 7. Re: saved pic
                      Lundberg02 Level 3

How could it be too big? Too big for what?

• 8. Re: saved pic

The size of the file has nothing to do with whether or not a file is listed in the open or placed dialog box. It only matter's once the file has been loaded into photoshop.

• 9. Re: saved pic
                          Halyze Level 1

I dont have that option to pic All Formats

• 10. Re: saved pic
                            Halyze Level 1

Too big a picture to upload for an assignment

• 11. Re: saved pic

OK, I think we may be getting confused as to exactly what you are doing. It sounds like you are talking about two different things. 1)Open a picture in photoshop and 2) uploading the file (possible to a web server) for everyone to see.

The dialog boxes that I am talking about are only in photoshop and reasons why it may not be listed when you can see the file in windows explorer.

If you are having an issue with both photoshop and a server, lets deal with one at a time preferably photoshop, since that is what the forum is for, then if we can, we can try to help on the other, but I think we will need much more information on that issue when then time comes, and preferably with a few screen shots.