2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2012 2:43 PM by hanslettany

Monitor turns white...

hanslettany

Hi guys,

I am an After Effects professional from Belgium and I just bought myself a brandnew 12-core Mac Pro, two 24 inch HP displays and I made the switch to CS6. But here's the problem:

Since I don't have a real reference monitor and black magic output yet, I use my right HP display as fullscreen video preview in AE. While I'm working, every 7 to 10 minutes, this preview monitor turns completely white, so I don't have no video preview anymore but only my composition window on the left screen. What I do next is just switch one second to finder, and then back to AE. Then my right screen turns back to normal. For 7 or 10 minutes.

I tried everything. Switching monitors, other connections, switching ports, but nothing helps.

Please, can somebody help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Hans.

• 1. Re: Monitor turns white...
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If this is a Thunderbolt display there's a bug in some of the displays that makes them loose signal at random times. Switch displays and see if you still have the same problem. If you do, take the problematic display back to Apple and they will switch it out. We had to do that with one of ours recently.

• 2. Re: Monitor turns white...
            hanslettany Level 1

Thanks Rick,

I tried switching monitors before and the problem appears on the new monitor as well. Also since Apple refused to bring new MacPros with thunderbold, the problem isn't that either...

Also I only have this problem in AE, not in other software.

For me it looks like a bug in AE itself, but I was wondering someone had the same issue...