4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2012 6:31 PM by robo_col

Sharing Vid in Elements 10

robo_col

Working with Elements 10, I have become quite proficient at burning part vid's to DVD and saving as files.  Now I want to send a part video (43mbs) as an Email link. I have tried to follow instuctions on the support files, but have failed miserably.

Has anybody got a set of instuctions or suggestions that an old 'p%&#$' like me can understand?

robo_col.

• 1. Re: Sharing Vid in Elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You say you're going to send an e-mail link. And that is definitely smarter than trying to send a video file, which can be too big to send by e-mail.

First, where are you going to post your video? YouTube? Vimeo? Your own personal web site?

Once you post it to a web site, you simply send a link to that web page.

But it's hard to be more specific without knowing exactly where you plan to upload the file to.

• 2. Re: Sharing Vid in Elements 10
            robo_col Level 1

Hi Steve, Thanks for 'setting me straight'.  I have had issues lately with YouTube,Twitter etc. so I don't want to go there. How do I set up my own web site to be able to 'keep it in the family'.

robo_col

• 3. Re: Sharing Vid in Elements 10
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, first you have to buy web space. Yahoo sells lots of web space cheap. Then you buy a domain name (also very cheap) and put up your site.

Although before you do, I recommend you check out http://Vimeo.com. I prefer it to YouTube. The video looks much cleaner, and you don't deal with nearly as many annoying ads and other junk.

• 4. Re: Sharing Vid in Elements 10
                robo_col Level 1

Hi Steve, I have spent alot of time 'going around the traps' checking out the pros and cons of all, sorry, shouldn't say all,--of the majority of options concerning web sites. I have come to the conclusion that I am a greenhorn concerning web posting etc. and I need to spend a lot more time on 'web education'. Thanks anyway for kick starting my brain into a new challenge. After donkeys years of photograpy ( my 1st camera at age 8, was an Agfa Box, complete with a 12shot X 120 contact film in it ) one tends to be 'in a comfort zone' and needs to upgrade.

robo_col