3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2013 3:15 AM by daylelloyd

How to get 'exit event' script to execute again when form file with saved data is re-opened?

GrahamA50 Level 1

I have created an Adobe Dynamic XML Form using LiveCycle Designer with many fields / subforms that are ‘visible’ or ‘hidden’ dependent upon the options selected from various Drop-Down Lists. The form has also been save-enabled. Users can successfully complete the form and save a copy with the data that has been input.

The problem I have is that when the saved file is re-opened the ‘hidden’ fields / subforms which were previously made visible by selection of the appropriate options from the Drop-down Lists are now NOT displayed. However if you make the same selections from each of the Drop-down Lists AGAIN the hidden fields / subforms are displayed and do contain the data that was entered.

The problem appears to be that the script which determines whether a field / subform is ‘hidden’ or ‘visible’ is an

<event activity="exit" name="event__exit">

which is followed by

if (this.rawValue == "0")- (i.e. the value of the Drop-down List)

sfCompanyDetails.presence = "visible";

sfRecruitmentAgency.presence = "hidden";

etc, etc

and, therefore, it is not executed again when the saved file is re-opened.

Can anyone please advise how to achieve this?