• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe Digital Editions 2. on a Mac

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble opening this download on my Mac, I have dowloaded it 3 times just in case there was an error, but all times I get an error message "Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem E_ACT_NOT_READY'

What does this all mean??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

As said before, your ADE 2.0 will not ask you to authorize, if you already have a previous version of ADE installed. So, that might have happen in your case as well. However there is a way to de-authorize ADE and re-authorize ADE using a new adobe ID.

> Open ADE.

> Press Control+Shift+D (Windows) or Command+Shift+D (Mac)

> You will get an option to Deauthorize or Erase Authorization(depending on your ADE version), click it and you are done.

> Go To Help-> Authorize Computer.

> Enter your credentials

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have authorized previous versions of Digital Editions, normally you don’t need to authorize Digital Editions 2.0 again because they share the same authorization information. Are you running 2 versions od ADE concurrently? Did you authorizeprevious Digital Editions versions anonymously or namely? Can you please share more information about what have been done before authorizing Digital Editions 2.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous version was deleted, over 6 months ago, as it was not being used

I didnt authorize this new download, but did remember the password which I had to type in to get to the Adobe Community.  I couldnt find where to authorize!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said before, your ADE 2.0 will not ask you to authorize, if you already have a previous version of ADE installed. So, that might have happen in your case as well. However there is a way to de-authorize ADE and re-authorize ADE using a new adobe ID.

> Open ADE.

> Press Control+Shift+D (Windows) or Command+Shift+D (Mac)

> You will get an option to Deauthorize or Erase Authorization(depending on your ADE version), click it and you are done.

> Go To Help-> Authorize Computer.

> Enter your credentials and authorize ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to erase authorization it says Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem.  I am not a computer person so I will try to explain best I can.  On your Mac, find the Go tab up top.  Hold the Alt button and press the Go tab and you will see a "Library" folder.  Open this and find the Adobe Digital Reader file.  Once in there, you've got to delete some file with the .dat next to it.  Find it, throw it away in the trash. Maybe even empty trash for good measure.  Then try to open/download your book again.  Adobe Digital Reader will then ask you for your credentials again.  Log in and you should be good to go. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and I can't seem to find a solution. Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info. Was a big help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Your useful response helped me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as others, when I try to un-athorize it says I am unable to at this time.

My issue is "/Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions" does not exist. 

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 9.45.26 AM.png

Some other background: I was running out of space a couple months ago and deleted a bunch of apps, including digital editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, try the following way to access activation.dat:

1. Go-> Go to folder.

Go to folder dialog will appear.

2. Type   ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

Hope this works !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Shreya,

I work at a Library and we have the same error code in ADE in a patron's MacBook Pro.

He has tried deauthorizing it several times, but Ade will not allow it.

He tried by deleting the activation.dat file, but he cannot find it, even using all the tricks in this page:

Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later

His ADE version is 4.0.114137 and his OS is OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.3 (14D136).

He says that until a month ago, he could borrow books without problems.

Do you have any suggestions?

Yours sincerely,

Francesca Verga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!  Shreya actually helped me in another thread.  I had to add some extra steps to what she gave.  Here is how I got rid of the error on my MacBook:

1. Closed out digital editions
  2. Delete Activation.dat file with the following steps:
    1. Press "Shift+command+G". 
    2. Go to folder dialog will appear. 
    3. Type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions.
    4. Drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
  3. Uninstalled Digital Editions
  4. Searched "digital editions" in finder and deleted all related files
  5. Emptied Trash
  6. Re-installed
  7. Re-Authorized

Voila!

Hope this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines