2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2012 6:48 AM by Mylenium

Filling a 3d object with liquid

FomTarrell

I've imported a 3d bucket created in photoshop into a composition, How do I go about filling sed bucket with liquid which then could empty. I can't figure out how to interact a 'solid' with the 3d object.

The liquid I wish to have in the bucket ready to empty is paint, so the liquid would be very thick and wouldn't need much partical interaction, but mainly a shaded flowing solid.

Is there any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Filling a 3d object with liquid
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

If you want something convincing, you'll need to do it in a genuine 3D package. 

But within AE, you may get a nice animated replication of fluid with a combination of some clever mask animations (for the main shape and flow of the fluid) combined with additional particle layers.  Take a look at the CC Mr Mercury plugin, which is a fluid/meta-particle simulator supplied out of the box.

• 2. Re: Filling a 3d object with liquid
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Use animated masks and apply the Bevel&Extrude Layer style or check the Mettle tutorial on how to fake streams of liquid using Freeform/ FreeForm Pro. And yes, other things like particle systems can come in handy, too.

Mylenium