• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to display table grid in PDF - RH10

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a new table style but the grids inside the table aren't showing when I generated a PDF file. I can't seem to find the setup to show the grids from the Styles settings below. I clicked Format > Boarders and Shading but there's no settings to make the grids visible.

table.jpg

Here's the actual PDF result:

table2.png

I wanted the grids inside to display so the rows and columns have division lines.

Is there a way to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You have cretaed a table in your style sheet and under style sheet you have this type of table style only. So in order to get the type of table you want, you need to create a table in the topic itself.

If you want to use the same table in multiple topics later on, you can copy and paste the same table across multiple topics.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/8.0/RoboHTML/WS491ADD30-89AF-409c-9EFC-93D4EBE521EB.html

Hope it helps

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhhh so I couldn't customize this specific table property directly in the table style that I created? I think It would be better to have this feature  (I mean customizing directly in the table style) so If we want to insert a table in a topic, just have to select the Table style that we have created from the list of table styles instead of copy-paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why VJ has suggested copying and pasting as it is not necessary. Once you have created a table style you can insert it into other topics directly. VJ's link is to a RoboHelp 8 topic whereas you are using 10 where things are different.

Also adding tables is not your problem. As I understand it you have the tables in your topics, it's just that in PDF the borders are not showing, correct?

First generate to Word and see if the borders appear in the same way as in the topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The borders are in PDF, the grids inside the table are not displaying (the table just looks like a rectangular box). I wanted to create my own table style and not use the existing table style templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whole Table is not what you might think. It does not mean every cell in the table, it means the outer borders of the whole table.

Try settting a colour for Bottom Right of even rows and the same for odd rows. Then set Top Left for Whole Table.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being helpful, Peter. It worked . But why can't RoboHelp have this feature of setting up the table as a whole (including the cells) so we don't have to format the cells one by one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another thing, i set up the font in the table style as Adobe Garamond, but when I generate a pdf, the font in the table becomes Arial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is not intuitive but as I said, I think maybe the term Whole Table is specific in the CSS world and the borders for Whole Table are simply the outer borders. In other words Adobe are following convention.

On the font question, generate to Word and see what you get there first.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

about the font, I generated it to Word and it still displays Arial. I created my second table style and I set the font to Adobe Garamond, and the font on that seems okay when I converted to PDF. I just find it weird that sometimes the PDF adapts, sometimes not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp