6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2012 8:47 PM by slanier12

Module Menu Selected Highlighting Gone

TJD47 Level 1

I am using the webBasics {module contentholder.name="menu"}. Somehow this menu no longer highlights selected links (in reverse with rounded rectangle) as it did intially. I have not changed the "menu.js" code at all. Just added simple menu links with Dreamweaver CS6. How do I get the selected link highlighting back?

Thanks for any help with this.

• 1. Re: Module Menu Selected Highlighting Gone
          Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The menu module is not a content holder.

You just got the HTML in a content holder?

• 2. Re: Module Menu Selected Highlighting Gone
            TJD47 Level 1

Thanks for the help, Liam. I really appreciate it.

I guess I am confused on the BC distinctions here. The menu that I have been using was the one that was integrated into the auto-generated template when first logging into BC (along with the sidebar). Yes, I have been editing the menu page links with HTML in DW  and the menu (at least now) is listed with "Content Holders" in BC. But, that menu is still separately edited and linked to the pages as is the sidebar. I do not see any choices for a menu module choices at all within the BC Toolbox for WebBasics (or I would simply retry developing that menu). Did I somehow convert one type of module to another? The select menu highlighting did work at first.

So, I guess I have a simple question to make this easy. Where do I get that original BC menu and how should I go about  editing it in DW (if that is simple to answer)? [The menu actually functions fine for my purposes now, but the highlighting of selected menu choices is really needed].

• 3. Re: Module Menu Selected Highlighting Gone
              Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So the menu is not controlled by the menu manager? I would need a Link to see it as it sounds like its manually made has its own script running.

You may have knocked off an I'd or class to launch it etc.

• 4. Re: Module Menu Selected Highlighting Gone
                TJD47 Level 1

I am only WebBasics and it seems that level does not contain menu manager, nor does it offer the dynamic menu. The menu supplied by BC for WebBasics is a basic html menu that is controlled by the content holder - the class is "menu full" or "menu dropdown" (responsive layout). In the body as supplied by BC, it states: "! you can edit the menu from "_System/ContentHolders/menu.html" The menu is just a ul of <a ref links. There is javascript (menu.js)  supplied by BC,  but it does not seem to be accessed by the supplie basics menu.

My one issue? There was a great highlighting feature of the selected item which is now somehow not functioning. That is what I want back. I have tried all options in the BC editor and Dreamweaver with no luck. Any ideas?

• 5. Re: Module Menu Selected Highlighting Gone
                  TJD47 Level 1

I got it to work for anyone else interested. I compared my changed menu code to that supplied by a second BC site. When I stripped down any added code (elimiinated font changes and <span> code), the highlighting (as applied by menu.js) now works fine.

• 6. Re: Module Menu Selected Highlighting Gone
                    slanier12

Got the same problem about menu.js, but thanks for you,now its already working for me..your a big help! got two thumps up...