5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2012 11:12 AM by the_wine_snob

Opaque title

horstbuchanan Level 1

How do I get a title running concurrently with a video but not have the video visible behind the text?

• 1. Re: Opaque title
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Place the title on the Video 1 track in place of your video instead of over your video.

Or place a black or other color video clip as a background on the title itself. How you create a color or black clip depends on the version of the software you're using.

• 2. Re: Opaque title
            horstbuchanan Level 1

Thanks! I'm using Premier Elements 11. It doesn't work to place it over the video because it makes a gap in the video and music, so I'll try to figure out the background suggestion.

• 3. Re: Opaque title
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In version 11, you can create your text and then, in the Title Adjustments panel, go to the Shapes tab and draw a rectangle to cover the entire slide. Right-click and send it to the back, behind your text.

You can also color this rectangle background any color you want.

How-to's for drawing these elements and coloring them are in my book, available on Amazon, if you're interested.

Then you can place the title on a video track above your other video and your video won't show through.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Opaque title
                horstbuchanan Level 1

Got it! THANKS

• 5. Re: Opaque title
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Another variation, to Steve's suggestion above, is to have the Video on Video Track 1, then add a Color Matte, of the proper Duration, to Video Track 2, and finally the regular Title on Video Track 3, above the Color Matte.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful