14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2012 11:51 PM by Steven L. Gotz

Screenshots using free ware "Shotty" unravels in Premiere Pro

CLE-Vin

I'm using Shotty- a free screen capture program- to take screen shots of different pages of a website for a training video.

Shotty let's you choose many different file types to export/save your screenshot as. I've chosen PNG.

I import the PNG screenshots into Premiere CS6.

Once i premiere the screenshots start to fall apart when I play them in the timeline or render them.

By falling apart, I mean that they appear to lose a tremendous amount of quality and start getting fuzzy as if some funky blurr is being applied to them.

Here's what I've tried.

Media Encoder: changed the PNG's to other file types before importing into premiere 6.

Photoshop: changed the PNG's to other file types and resolutions before importing into premiere 6.

I don't see why premiere doesn't see this as just another PNG file. (I've used PNG alot and they work just great.)

The problem: I believe is either with the software- shotty- and whatever it uses to actually create the screenshot. Or it's actually premiere?

What I haven't done is actually export snapshots from shotty as other file types to begin with such as JPEGs etc. I'll try that.

Specs: Shotty and CS6-Creative Cloud, Windows 7, Asus Z77, 16Gb, GTX680, SSD.