One possibility is to put another copy of the video on the track above it, use a grabage matte - as small as you can make it, on the copy right below the offending pixel. Then using Position, you can move the top video, consisting of just that tiny group of pixels (or just one) so that what was just below the offending pixel, now covers it.
Or, create a track matte to do the same thing.
Thanks Steven - we saw that fix - problem is, there is dolly movement, so the pixel "moves" - thanks for the suggestion though. We are really curious as to why the wire removal effect is acting so funky too. Oh well, it's always something.
I just went through a whole movie shot on the RED fixing dead pixels. What ended up working the best was to slightly blur the pixel and soft mask off the blur. I did all the work in Fusion. You could do it in AE or even PP if you have enough patience to deal with its atrocious masking.
I've asked Adobe to put in masking like AE has for years but to no avail. Even Edius has a very nice masking tool.
there is dolly movement, so the pixel "moves"
That shouldn't affect anything. Steven's suggestion should still work. The dead pixel would be covered by the pixel near it.
I've got the same issue - when CC Wire Removal is applied the entire screen goes black. I tried it on two different systems running at significantly different specs - same result. There is another blog on here someplace with many people reporting the same issue. I'm curious as to why there isnt a fix for this already? I've got a video to deliver by tomorrow for an international construction giant and I can't remove a freaking dead pixel! I can't use the clone stamp as the pixel is right in the left corner of the mouth, so it's (depending on the frame) either just outside the mouth, in the mouth, on the tongue or on the tooth. Very frustrating (also admit that my limited AE ability restricts me to applying the CC wire removal fix).
I'm hoping I can render the footage in a different codec and maybe CC wire removal will cooperate...
ok so a different codec does make a difference but I'm still having issues. Think I might be able to sort it if I can hit the right codec.
Adobe After Effects CS6 (11.0.3) has been released. This update fixes many crashes and other bugs, including the issue with the CC Simple Wire Removal effect mentioned in the first post on this thread.
Also, this fix is in After Effects CC (12.0).