3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2012 6:48 AM by juliandelafuenteprieto

Could I open a CS6 secuence in Premiere CS5.5?

juliandelafuenteprieto

I can´t open a CS6 proyect in my Premiere CS5.5. Even I´ve tried open just the sequence, but Premiere didn't allow me.

Anybody can help me?

• 1. Re: Could I open a CS6 secuence in Premiere CS5.5?
          josephs51576386 Level 3

You cannot open up cs6 projects in older versions of Premiere no way around this sorry. I agree this stinks.

You can however open the project up in cs6 then save it as a XML or EDL or another alternative project format that Premiere offers to allow you to use. Then open that up inside Premiere Pro 5.5.  However these types of projects don't always translate correctly. However if the project is fairly basic it should open up with this method with almost no issues. (In most cases)

Also just so you're aware you can open up projects from older versions of the software. You cannot do it the other way around though. So if you have projects from cs4 or cs5 you can open them up inside newer versions of the software. But you cannot open up projects from the newer version using the old version.

• 2. Re: Could I open a CS6 secuence in Premiere CS5.5?
            Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

Since PrPro project file is an XML document, you can open it up in any script editor (e.g. in Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit) or just text editor, find Version="25" in the fourth row and replace it with Version="24":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PremiereData Version="3">

<Project ObjectRef="1"/>

<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="24">

Although in most cases this works just fine and much better than exporting to FCP XML or whatever, bear in mind: no warranty, everything is at your own peril.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Could I open a CS6 secuence in Premiere CS5.5?
              juliandelafuenteprieto Level 1

Thank you so much.

It´s simply but it´s really works.